sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2022 6:13 pm  #1

Ronnie Spector Of Ronettes Fame Is Gone At 78

2022 is picking up where 2021 left off. And now, another great is gone, and this one had an amazing career and voice. Ronnie Spector, lead singer of the Ronettes and one time wife of the late Phil Spector, was 78.

Ronnie Spector, ’60s icon who sang ‘Be My Baby,’ dies at 78

January 13, 2022 9:28 am  #2

Re: Ronnie Spector Of Ronettes Fame Is Gone At 78

I notice on the Oldies Board that Rosa Hawkins also passed away on Wednesday. Who was she? One of the lead voices on the iconic "Chapel of Love" and an original member of The Dixie Cups.

It has been a horrible start to the New Year!

Another One Gone - Dixie Cups "Chapel Of Love" Singer Dies At 76

January 15, 2022 11:30 pm  #3

Re: Ronnie Spector Of Ronettes Fame Is Gone At 78

Ronnie Spector was one of my favourite interviews.  I actually  got to interview her twice.  Once was with Warren Cosford in 1981 when we were producing the radio series that Telemedia syndicated called "The Producers".  Naturally, it was for the Phil Spector program.  Then I interviewed her again when her autobiography came out in 1990.  She was so honest and forthcoming with her answers.  She gave me a full hour even though it had been scheduled for half an hour.  I got to tell her that I had seen The Ronettes in 1964 in Edmonton  with the Spring Shower of Stars tour with Dion, Shirley Ellis and The Ripchords.