sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2022 1:30 am  #1

Bell's Staffing Purge Leaves Their Overnight Show Sidelined For Week

After Bell's evening multi-station "The Jamil Jivani Show" was apparently turfed as of Tuesday of this week with Dave Kaufman doing a new show, I noticed the overnight "Late Showgram With Jim Richards" (although Richards hasn't hosted for months, doing his afternoon Newstalk 1010 duties and previous show sidekick David Cooper has been doing The Showgram solo) was mysteriously absent Tuesday into Wednesday and again Wednesday into Thursday, with Jerry Agar rerolls in the slot on Newstalk 1010.

I wondered if that show was in turmoil as well. But, I noted David Cooper indicated on Twitter that show Producer (and board op?) Tony Tedesco is under the weather so the show looks to be sidelined until next week. Tedesco posted the same explanation on his own feed. Tedesco's a veteran at this point and talented at what he does, but a single staff illness knocks Bell's great hope for overnight network programming to go up against Corus's "The Shift" off the air for a week? You're kidding.

I guess the regular culling of staff members leaves no margin for any kind of fill-in or replacement, so Bell would rather that show sidelined entirely. Odd.