sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2021 1:24 pm  #1

The new voice on Zoomers Afternoon Express

Evan Carter. Sounds fine to my ears. A bit familiar with him from his work with CBC. Did I hear Liz West filling in on the morning show? I know the timeline for the music being played has moved towards more music from the70 s through to the 90 s, but I was a bit surprised to hear a song by the Violent Femmes (sp?) the other morning! https://www.zoomerradio.ca/hosts/evan-carter

December 30, 2021 11:06 pm  #2

Re: The new voice on Zoomers Afternoon Express

Norman peters wrote:

I know the timeline for the music being played has moved towards more music from the70 s through to the 90 s, but I was a bit surprised to hear a song by the Violent Femmes (sp?) the other morning!

That is a bit of a surprise coming from a station that still (as of this posting) has those old time radio shows. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 31, 2021 11:16 am  #3

As of late I've heard promos for youngin's (pre-teens) saying how much they enjoy listening to the station that plays the music their parents/grandparents enjoy listening to. Eventually everything  old is new again. I know I've instilled the love of music of my time (50 s 60 s, and into the 70 s.)with my youngin's. Of course  they have their music from their youth they love listening to. Skipping over the dreary days of disco, thankfully. Hearing all those sequins rattling about still gives me a headache 40+ years later. When they play more than one or two of those, that's when I tune out. More of The Toronto Sound, please!

Last edited by Norman peters (December 31, 2021 11:18 am)

December 31, 2021 5:18 pm  #4

Norman peters wrote:

As of late I've heard promos for youngin's (pre-teens) saying how much they enjoy listening to the station that plays the music their parents/grandparents enjoy listening to. Eventually everything  old is new again. I know I've instilled the love of music of my time (50 s 60 s, and into the 70 s.)with my youngin's. Of course  they have their music from their youth they love listening to. Skipping over the dreary days of disco, thankfully. Hearing all those sequins rattling about still gives me a headache 40+ years later. When they play more than one or two of those, that's when I tune out. More of The Toronto Sound, please!

That promo is a sham haha. The average age of Zoomer listeners is something around 70