sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2021 5:41 am  #1

Merry Christmas Everyone

From our family, here in the UK, to
all of you, back in Canada and the United States πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ, please have a safe and Merry Christmas, and, a pleasant New Year.
πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ€Ά

December 25, 2021 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Merry Christmas Everyone

Thank you, Mr. M! Are the stations in England all playing Christmas tunes on Dec. 25th or is there at least some variety of sticking to their regular formats?

December 26, 2021 3:35 pm  #3

I'm a little late to this party, so Happy Boxing Day!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

December 27, 2021 5:02 pm  #4

Merry Christmas R.A. and to all SOWNY contributors. Hope your Christmas was a pleasant one indeed.
Stations (O.T.A.) here in England,
play a mixed variety of Christmas and regular tunes. No one is doing Christmas tunes 24/7 as they are, back there. I just don't personally see the point in it.
Some folks, on the big yellow board, have made reference to a fairly new station, here in the UK, called BOOM RADIO. They have been playing a superb lineup of Christmas songs, mixed in with other fine songs. They reached into their musical Christmas stocking and pulled out a Louis Armstrong hit, from the 50s, called "IS THAT YOU, SANTA CLAUS? "
Had the station on while we were driving to our daughter's house for Christmas.  Almost drove into a lamp pole when it came on.
I remember hearing it when I was a child, growing up in Etobicoke.
Their variety can't be beat.
All seasonal tunes are mixed in with regular music.  A great format if you can listen to them.
From Peggy Lee, The Lettermen, to Bert Kaempfert, and so on.
Hope I've answered your question R.A. All the best from our family to all of you, back there !
Have a pleasant New Year.
Hi Dale...yes indeed, Happy Boxing Day!

Cheers!

Last edited by SteveM (December 27, 2021 5:08 pm)