sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2021 8:18 pm  #1

Mike Stafford's Name Resurfaces On GNR640 - But Only For A Moment

It was one of those cringeworthy moments if you're the board op or producer at GNR640 Tuesday night. A caller to Alex Pierson's show referred to the station's morning host as "Jeff Brady." When Pierson corrected him on the first name, he quickly noted that he missed Mike Stafford, noting "the woke crowd took care of him."

An awkward moment of silence followed while the host seem to consider what to say. She quickly (and wisely) changed the topic and moved on. But it's the first time Stafford's name has been invoked on the station since he was summarily and unexpectedly removed last June. 

Proving that even with a delay, you just never know what might come out of a caller's mouth. And that while the veteran host has been gone for six months, he's far from forgotten by some of the listeners.

December 14, 2021 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Mike Stafford's Name Resurfaces On GNR640 - But Only For A Moment

Stafford's dismissal is a modern cautionary tale. He got suspended and then fired - and never said anything offensive on the air!

Both of the things that got him into trouble came from something he a) posted online and b) in an internal station meeting that not a single listener ever heard. He was always something of an iconoclast but he certainly found an unusual way to kill his own career. Unique to the very end. 

December 14, 2021 8:44 pm  #3

I agree with grilled.cheese

If Mike came out with a podcast, I'd subscribe.
If he gets another radio gig, I'll set an alarm on my cellphone to tune in.

Hey Mike if you're ever reading this, start a podcast in 2022 please. A lot of your former/future listeners know you got a raw deal at 640 and they'd absolutely subscribe.

The Stafford Show Podcast🤞🎙️🎧✨

Last edited by betaylored (December 14, 2021 8:52 pm)

December 14, 2021 9:56 pm  #4

Is he still banned on this board?

December 14, 2021 11:22 pm  #5

As far as I know, he never was.

December 15, 2021 10:18 am  #6

betaylored wrote:

I agree with grilled.cheese

If Mike came out with a podcast, I'd subscribe.
If he gets another radio gig, I'll set an alarm on my cellphone to tune in.

Hey Mike if you're ever reading this, start a podcast in 2022 please. A lot of your former/future listeners know you got a raw deal at 640 and they'd absolutely subscribe.

The Stafford Show Podcast🤞🎙️🎧✨

I'd do the same.  I've been late for appointments because I was sitting in my car listening to Stafford.