sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2015 11:38 pm  #1

CHUM FM 1975 and CKFM 1985

I have just posted two airchecks that take place on either side ( Before and After)  of that article that lain posted about the state of Toronto radio in 1978. One features Pete Griffin on CHUM FM in 1975 and the other has Dani Elwell and an unidentified DJ on CKFM ( Larry Maxwell ?). The show is the Sat. night dance show which was perhaps the evolution of the 1978 disco show. I have some older CKFM and CHFI which I will eventually post.

Listen here:
CHUM FM and CKFM

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

June 6, 2015 12:04 am  #2

Re: CHUM FM 1975 and CKFM 1985

Wow. I don't know the date of the CKFM clip but I'll bet the farm it was after john Mackey took over.

It sounds like any tracked radio station anywhere in the world.  The heart was gone already.

Sad and Amazing.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

June 6, 2015 12:05 am  #3

It was fun to hear Laura Givens promoting Paul Cugliari the dj though .

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

September 7, 2015 10:27 pm  #4

I have just uploaded part two of these air checks. Dani Elwell on CKFM ( while e she was still attending Ryerson) and Pete Griffin on CHUM FM from 1975. One interesting feature of the CHUM FM air clip - the announcers featured during the commercials. The list includes David Marsden, Walter Michaels, Jim Bauer and Brian Master.

Listen here.

Also those interested may have already heard these but I have also recently uploaded some new CKOC clips in the radio miscellany section.

Last edited by Fitz (September 7, 2015 10:28 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

September 13, 2015 5:20 pm  #5

Fitz wrote:

Also those interested may have already heard these but I have also recently uploaded some new CKOC clips in the radio miscellany section.

Thanks for uploading these! I was in 11th grade when these aired in 1984 and I remember trying to record them all but I didn't have enough tapes to save them all so I had to keep re-recording once I had compiled the lists for each year. I was missing a few from 1967 so it was great to hear what they finally were. I can now add some complete year-end charts prior to 1968 to the ckoc1150archives.com site.