sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2021 7:06 pm  #1

Today Is John Moore's Radio Anniversary

https://twitter.com/MooreintheAM/status/1460995635679830029?t=WujQ-07B3LfarLNZ28T6Iw&s=19

It's hard to remember a time at Newstalk 1010 before Moore In The Morning. Day after day John keeps listeners entertained and informed. He's handled difficult milestones, including the loss of both parents and an ongoing pandemic with grace and thoughtful intelligence, never losing his sense of humor. Hope he continues for at least another decade.

Congratulations sir. 🥃 👏👏👏✨🎧🎙️

November 17, 2021 8:03 pm  #2

Re: Today Is John Moore's Radio Anniversary

Don't forget that part of that time, he was doing afternoons, including a popular segment called the "Cocktail Hour." So it hasn't been Moore in the Morning forever. It once was Moore in the afternoon, although the alliteration isn't anywhere near as good!

November 17, 2021 8:04 pm  #3

If you're looking to explain Mike Bendixen's reply, he was laid off today.

November 17, 2021 8:23 pm  #4

RadioAaron wrote:

If you're looking to explain Mike Bendixen's reply, he was laid off today.

That's a shame. My condolences to anyone who loses a media position in this current environment. I thought he'd done an excellent job in bringing 1010 into the modern era and got it away from being "your grandfather's radio station" - although I still wish they had acknowledged their 90th birthday a few years ago. 

He'd been there a very long time. Perhaps another sign that no one is safe at any company run by Bell.