sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2021 12:52 pm  #1

The Most Dangerous Christmas Songs To Drive To

I'd say hearing almost any one of these would be enough to make me want to drive into the nearest tree, but an Irish insurance company claims to have used a scientific method to come up with a list of the Xmas tunes that make you less safe behind the wheel.

The number one is a standard, but not by the original artist. 

CHFI take note...

The Most Dangerous Christmas Songs To Drive To

November 17, 2021 1:28 pm  #2

Re: The Most Dangerous Christmas Songs To Drive To

If you have the number one song cranked up in your car you deserve to not hear the ambulance coming and you deserve the fine for not obeying the seconds can save program.
Any heavy song cranked up deserves heavy fines for driving and not being able to hear an ambulance coming down the road. 
Long story short, people who drive with loud music are stupid.  Drive with a respectable level, but not loud music.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 17, 2021 6:50 pm  #3

Radiowiz wrote:

If you have the number one song cranked up in your car you deserve to not hear the ambulance coming and you deserve the fine for not obeying the seconds can save program.
Any heavy song cranked up deserves heavy fines for driving and not being able to hear an ambulance coming down the road. 
Long story short, people who drive with loud music are stupid.  Drive with a respectable level, but not loud music.

(I'm sorry, but I just had to)

What about those who crank up the music because of a profound hearing loss?

It is quite lawful to drive while deaf.  Isn't that why emergency vehicles have all those flashing lights?  Would you believe it's even not illegal (how's that for an awkward phrase) to wear headphones or earphones while driving?

The key is anything that can rob your attentiveness while driving is problematic.  That could be anything from distracting music or radio to that gorgeous pair of legs in the seat next to you. 

Last edited by Peter the K (November 17, 2021 6:51 pm)

November 18, 2021 12:03 pm  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

Hard not to do with 10 decent sounding Bose speakers.

November 21, 2021 3:50 am  #5

Peter the K wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

(I'm sorry, but I just had to)

What about those who crank up the music because of a profound hearing loss?

i operated my leaf blower, the other day, and noticed it wasn't as noisy as it once was (i didn't have to wear ear protection). i then realized the obvious... the leaf blower didn't get quieter in its old age.

It is quite lawful to drive while deaf.  Isn't that why emergency vehicles have all those flashing lights?  Would you believe it's even not illegal (how's that for an awkward phrase) to wear headphones or earphones while driving?

The key is anything that can rob your attentiveness while driving is problematic.  That could be anything from distracting music or radio to that gorgeous pair of legs in the seat next to you.