sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2021 9:27 pm  #31


Re: Toronto Star Launches Major Design Changes

So, I've been reading the Star a few times lately. It's kind of a pleasant read. A lifelong Socialist, I've always read the Conservative, Globe and Mail because it just seemed to have greater journalistic integrity than the other papers. Not so much lately. They've been letting it slide over the past few years.

Haven't cancelled the subscription yet, but I'm considering it. Old habits are hard to break.


You don't have to be a good sport to be a mad one.
 

November 27, 2021 5:08 am  #32


Re: Toronto Star Launches Major Design Changes

turkeytop wrote:

So, I've been reading the Star a few times lately. It's kind of a pleasant read. A lifelong Socialist, I've always read the Conservative, Globe and Mail because it just seemed to have greater journalistic integrity than the other papers. Not so much lately. They've been letting it slide over the past few years.

Haven't cancelled the subscription yet, but I'm considering it. Old habits are hard to break.

If you're looking for journalistic integrity, I wouldn't recommend The Star.
 


"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram
 

November 27, 2021 4:06 pm  #33


Re: Toronto Star Launches Major Design Changes

Dale Patterson wrote:

turkeytop wrote:

So, I've been reading the Star a few times lately. It's kind of a pleasant read. A lifelong Socialist, I've always read the Conservative, Globe and Mail because it just seemed to have greater journalistic integrity than the other papers. Not so much lately. They've been letting it slide over the past few years.

Haven't cancelled the subscription yet, but I'm considering it. Old habits are hard to break.

If you're looking for journalistic integrity, I wouldn't recommend The Star.
 

No offense but I don't really care what political ideology you want other people taking in along with their news.  I'll read and decide for myself, thank you very much.

 

November 27, 2021 5:24 pm  #34


Re: Toronto Star Launches Major Design Changes

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Dale Patterson wrote:

turkeytop wrote:

So, I've been reading the Star a few times lately. It's kind of a pleasant read. A lifelong Socialist, I've always read the Conservative, Globe and Mail because it just seemed to have greater journalistic integrity than the other papers. Not so much lately. They've been letting it slide over the past few years.

Haven't cancelled the subscription yet, but I'm considering it. Old habits are hard to break.

If you're looking for journalistic integrity, I wouldn't recommend The Star.
 

No offense but I don't really care what political ideology you want other people taking in along with their news.  I'll read and decide for myself, thank you very much.

Exactly. I've been reading the Globe for decades even though I disagree with their politics. I just always felt they were the better paper.

Sure, they're like cheer leaders for capitalism. But I need to follow what the enemy is up to. 
 

Last edited by turkeytop (November 27, 2021 5:34 pm)


You don't have to be a good sport to be a mad one.
 

November 27, 2021 8:34 pm  #35


Re: Toronto Star Launches Major Design Changes

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Dale Patterson wrote:

turkeytop wrote:

So, I've been reading the Star a few times lately. It's kind of a pleasant read. A lifelong Socialist, I've always read the Conservative, Globe and Mail because it just seemed to have greater journalistic integrity than the other papers. Not so much lately. They've been letting it slide over the past few years.

Haven't cancelled the subscription yet, but I'm considering it. Old habits are hard to break.

If you're looking for journalistic integrity, I wouldn't recommend The Star.
 

No offense but I don't really care what political ideology you want other people taking in along with their news.  I'll read and decide for myself, thank you very much.

I don't want any political ideology. I just want the news. Unfortunately, it's tough to find a media outlet without a political slant one way or the other.
 

Last edited by Dale Patterson (November 27, 2021 9:24 pm)


"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram