sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2021 8:11 pm  #1

CHCH Studio Audio.

The background noise during studio news is awful,and makes the broadcast sound bush. Anyone else notice this? Those lavalier mics worn by the anchors must be Radio Shack ommni-directional 29 dollar specials. They need some kind of noise filter added to the audio chain.It's particularly bad when they are turned on again after an out of studio report,or weather segment. Cheaping out,CHCH?

Last edited by BossRadio (November 10, 2021 8:14 pm)

November 10, 2021 8:25 pm  #2

Re: CHCH Studio Audio.

I'm fairly certain they are presenting the News at a temporary set-up. It is across the street from a newly constructed multi-million dollar purpose built studio. Grand opening tba.

November 10, 2021 8:36 pm  #3

67GreenRambler wrote:

I'm fairly certain they are presenting the News at a temporary set-up. It is across the street from a newly constructed multi-million dollar purpose built studio. Grand opening tba.

Makes sense. In the meantime, dialing back the compression would help.

November 10, 2021 9:02 pm  #4

Yes they are still across the street from the new studios.  I was by the new building about three weeks ago, and noticed a few CHCH vehicles in the freshly paved parking lot but most were still at the temporary site.  They are installing all new equipment and training the staff so barring any supply issues, I would think they will be in the new building soon.  Originally they were hoping for late spring or summer, but could have been held up with supply problems or delivery.  Looks like it is going to be a nice facility for CHCH and Channel Zero.