sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 9, 2021 12:28 pm  #1


Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

I doubt Struum will have a huge following when it debuts here, after signing a deal with Corus. It's not exactly chockablock with outstanding programming, but it does have a "secret sauce" - something called "programming credits."

"It lets viewers sample and discover programming as they spend monthly credits to unlock only the film and TV episodes they want to watch."

Still, it's yet another option for those looking for something different. Here's where you can see the shows/programming it offers. 


Streaming Bundler Struum, Founded By Disney And Discovery Alums, Closes $7M Series A Round Led By Canada’s Corus
 

 

November 9, 2021 1:55 pm  #2


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

If it's Corus running the show, they should offer this service completely free to Shaw Direct customers, saving them $5 a month.  Maybe extend that to Cable, Ignite TV and Fibe customers also.

Those who are just streaming will just have to pay, I guess. (unless they want the ad option)
 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

November 9, 2021 3:10 pm  #3


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

In my experience, I've found that people or organizations that have a "secret sauce" tend to be full of...(INSERT YOUR OWN EXCREMENT WORD HERE).

 

November 21, 2021 10:36 pm  #4


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

What is a price people might be willing to pay for this new service?
Struum is hoping people will gladly give it a try @ 66% off 
through Groupon @ $9.99 for a full 6 months.  

Groupon deal:  https://www.groupon.com/deals/struum?utm_medium=afl&utm_source=RAK&utm_campaign=US_AFL_RAK_ld*20211122T0224_tr*CAqD7bLWUPI-O2F8yQn2RlMGP6YlsU1KoA


 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

November 22, 2021 10:03 am  #5


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

I'm maxed out on streaming services.  There is only so much money in my budget.


- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.gif
 

November 23, 2021 3:37 am  #6


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

Leslieville Bill wrote:

I'm maxed out on streaming services.  There is only so much money in my budget.

Yep. Currently doing the free month trial offer thing on some of the Amazon channels, then calling them two weeks later and cancelling. Amazon lets you keep using the channel til the end of the thirty days. Tried the MGM channel. Just sampled Starz, which is pretty much nothing but 90's movies. Going to try Brit Box next methinks.

If I had extra $, I'd get Crave for the winter for the HBO access for Billions and Succession.

Last edited by betaylored (November 23, 2021 3:37 am)

 

November 23, 2021 3:44 am  #7


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

betaylored wrote:

If I had extra $, I'd get Crave for the winter for the HBO access for Billions and Succession.

I'm not sure what Bell is doing, but Rogers is constantly offering a month to 3 months free all the time, even if one happens to have had Crave in the past. (more than 6 months ago) 
All you have to do is call in and ask if there are any promotions on right now for HBO...if it's in their system they'll gladly offer it to you.
 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

November 23, 2021 7:30 pm  #8


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

Radiowiz wrote:

betaylored wrote:

If I had extra $, I'd get Crave for the winter for the HBO access for Billions and Succession.

I'm not sure what Bell is doing, but Rogers is constantly offering a month to 3 months free all the time, even if one happens to have had Crave in the past. (more than 6 months ago) 
All you have to do is call in and ask if there are any promotions on right now for HBO...if it's in their system they'll gladly offer it to you.
 

Good to know, thanks Radiowiz, thing is I don't have or want regular cable, I'm thinking this offer would be for their regular customers right? 🏒🍿

Last edited by betaylored (November 23, 2021 7:33 pm)

 

November 24, 2021 12:34 am  #9


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

betaylored wrote:

Good to know, thanks Radiowiz, thing is I don't have or want regular cable, I'm thinking this offer would be for their regular customers right? 🏒🍿

Not entirely true. Rogers is trying to get people to say yes to Ignite TV. 
This means, cable customers switching to Ignite TV, (forever saying good bye to cable) and 
those who order as a new customer of Ignite TV can both enjoy a month to 3 months of free crave TV, depending on what promotion is in their system at the time. 
Currently the best deal (for Disney fans) is free Disney plus for a full year just for saying yes to Ignite TV:
https://www.rogers.com/iptv/disney-plus
 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

November 24, 2021 11:55 pm  #10


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

Radiowiz wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Good to know, thanks Radiowiz, thing is I don't have or want regular cable, I'm thinking this offer would be for their regular customers right? 🏒🍿

Not entirely true. Rogers is trying to get people to say yes to Ignite TV. 
This means, cable customers switching to Ignite TV, (forever saying good bye to cable) and 
those who order as a new customer of Ignite TV can both enjoy a month to 3 months of free crave TV, depending on what promotion is in their system at the time. 
Currently the best deal (for Disney fans) is free Disney plus for a full year just for saying yes to Ignite TV:
https://www.rogers.com/iptv/disney-plus
 

Fantastic, thanks. Going to save it for midwinter, and binge watch Succession and Billions until spring arrives.

 

November 25, 2021 12:53 am  #11


Re: Another New Streaming Service Coming To Canada

betaylored wrote:

Fantastic, thanks. Going to save it for midwinter, and binge watch Succession and Billions until spring arrives.

Bell owns Crave, so trust them to have the best deal. lol
6 months free if you upgrade to a new phone or complete a new activation with them.  

SOURCE: 
https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/promotions/Crave-Offer


 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.