sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2021 2:27 pm  #1

Terry O'Reilly's Studio on Wheels & New Book

https://atlanticbusinessmagazine.ca/web-exclusives/craig-dorsey-the-renowned-trailer-restorer-who-moved-to-rural-nova-scotia/

Here's the article Terry O'Reilly shared on Twitter about Craig Dorsey, the man who rebuilt the Airstream trailer that Terry records in. It's fascinating, Fender amp material, toggle switches, and other little touches incorporated into the design of the Pirate founder's state of the art production studio. Wish there were a few more photos but it's still neat nonetheless.

P.s. Terry has a new book out about his best failures, if you're looking for something good to read, or that perfect Christmas present.
https://www.cbc.ca/books/under-the-influence-host-terry-o-reilly-writing-new-book-about-little-mistakes-that-led-to-big-things-1.6135783

Last edited by betaylored (November 4, 2021 4:48 pm)

November 4, 2021 5:52 pm  #2

Re: Terry O'Reilly's Studio on Wheels & New Book

You want pictures? Boy, have they got pictures! Check this out. 

November 4, 2021 6:27 pm  #3

Interesting.  I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that a couple of years ago the show seemed to 'change'.  I was always a rabid fan, catching every one of them, but then it seemed to turn into a bit of a parody or better a caricature of itself.  Like it was 'trying too hard' to be the show it was if that makes any sense.  From music to drops to the entire sound.

It just seemed to 'lose' something that I can't put my finger on, but now I think about it, I steadily stopped listening as much.

Nifty.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

November 5, 2021 7:55 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

You weren't kidding RA. That is an exhaustive document of an Airstream refurb.
And that chest of drawers with the Fender Tweed amp covering? I WANT ONE!

November 8, 2021 3:48 pm  #5

ig wrote:

Interesting.  I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that a couple of years ago the show seemed to 'change'.  I was always a rabid fan, catching every one of them, but then it seemed to turn into a bit of a parody or better a caricature of itself.  Like it was 'trying too hard' to be the show it was if that makes any sense.  From music to drops to the entire sound.

betaylored wrote: You've nailed it ig. It's not the same. I think two things happened a couple of years ago.

One, the writing team changed several times.

Two, Terry's essential "Terry-ness" in recounting the stories changed. It was the season he mentioned working with actor Liev Schreiber. Terry praised Liev's seamless smooth low key delivery, or words to that effect. That's the season when the musicality and cheeriness went out of Terry's read, and he changed the cadence and delivery to the measured professional performance that has you and me, and others here on the big yellow board less than thrilled.

Sidebar: I somehow goofed a bit typing this and don't have time/the patience to redo it. Below is obviously the rest of the original post.

As you were.
Signed, betaylored 😌😏😶🎧📻🎙️

It just seemed to 'lose' something that I can't put my finger on, but now I think about it, I steadily stopped listening as much.

Nifty.

Last edited by betaylored (November 8, 2021 8:28 pm)

November 8, 2021 4:24 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

These are terrific RA, thanks.

Last edited by betaylored (November 8, 2021 4:25 pm)