sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2021 10:31 am  #1

Buck Martinez not on international World Series feed

For the first time in many years, Buck Martinez is not part of the broadcast team for the international feed at the World Series which is available on Sportsnet.
Fox is showing the series in the United States as the rights holder.
But there is a Blue Jay connection in the broadcast booth.
Dan Shulman is calling the series for ESPN radio which is available on many Rogers radio stations.

October 27, 2021 12:27 pm  #2

Re: Buck Martinez not on international World Series feed

I'm thinking we Canadians may have heard the last of Buck.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

October 27, 2021 4:12 pm  #3

Leslieville Bill wrote:

I hope so.

October 27, 2021 4:34 pm  #4

laffin wrote:

Leslieville Bill wrote:

I hope so.

I'm not a Buck hater.  I do prefer him doing colour commentary though and not play by play.  That said, I suspect that Rogers, always looking to save a buck -- no pun intended, would go for someone cheaper and willing to travel to Toronto.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

October 27, 2021 4:40 pm  #5

Looks like they decided to pass the Buck.

October 27, 2021 4:40 pm  #6

One of the main lessons I've learned from this entire COVID-19 fiasco is that I was a babe-in-the-woods about how many anti-vaccine, anti-science, anti-community-wellness people there are who float in and around our lives.

People whom 'appear' to be reasonably intelligent and willing to work in harmony for the greater good have turned out to be self-absorbed, inward-looking, 'don't tread on me', I-have-my-rights-but-no-responsibilities anarchists. Doesn't matter where they are employed, or what their calling is. There are plenty of screwed-up doctors, dentists, police, labourers, politicians, media types, etc. to cause me to want additional mandates and broader public health education, if only to try to save these people from themselves and their messed up logic.

Have these clowns not seen the videos, of COVID-infected anti-vaxers, begging others to learn from their mistake,  and take the vaccine, even though for some of them it turned out to be too late?

Jesus wept. I'm baffled. Society has really been messed up by this utter stupidity.

Last edited by Dial Twister (October 27, 2021 4:41 pm)

October 27, 2021 5:31 pm  #7

Dial Twister wrote:

One of the main lessons I've learned from this entire COVID-19 fiasco is that I was a babe-in-the-woods about how many anti-vaccine, anti-science, anti-community-wellness people there are who float in and around our lives.

People whom 'appear' to be reasonably intelligent and willing to work in harmony for the greater good have turned out to be self-absorbed, inward-looking, 'don't tread on me', I-have-my-rights-but-no-responsibilities anarchists. Doesn't matter where they are employed, or what their calling is. There are plenty of screwed-up doctors, dentists, police, labourers, politicians, media types, etc. to cause me to want additional mandates and broader public health education, if only to try to save these people from themselves and their messed up logic.

Have these clowns not seen the videos, of COVID-infected anti-vaxers, begging others to learn from their mistake,  and take the vaccine, even though for some of them it turned out to be too late?

Jesus wept. I'm baffled. Society has really been messed up by this utter stupidity.

Sadly,  so true!

Last edited by Media Observer (October 27, 2021 6:07 pm)

October 27, 2021 6:42 pm  #8

Dial Twister wrote:

People whom 'appear' to be reasonably intelligent and willing to work in harmony for the greater good have turned out to be self-absorbed, inward-looking, 'don't tread on me', I-have-my-rights-but-no-responsibilities anarchists. Doesn't matter where they are employed, or what their calling is. 
 There are plenty of screwed-up doctors, dentists, police, labourers, politicians, media types, etc. to cause me to want additional mandates and broader public health education, if only to try to save these people from themselves and their messed up logic.

Agreed .. it's disconcerting they walk amongst us.   It's dismaying they revel in being deplorable.

October 27, 2021 7:44 pm  #9

g121 wrote:

Dial Twister wrote:

People whom 'appear' to be reasonably intelligent and willing to work in harmony for the greater good have turned out to be self-absorbed, inward-looking, 'don't tread on me', I-have-my-rights-but-no-responsibilities anarchists. Doesn't matter where they are employed, or what their calling is. 
 There are plenty of screwed-up doctors, dentists, police, labourers, politicians, media types, etc. to cause me to want additional mandates and broader public health education, if only to try to save these people from themselves and their messed up logic.

Agreed .. it's disconcerting they walk amongst us. 👍  It's dismaying they revel in being deplorable.