sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2021 3:05 pm  #1

CHFI Holiday Playlist: New Addition?

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/steve-perry-journey-the-season/

I don't know too much about what CHFI is allowed to play during their non-stop holiday music marathon, however the former lead singer of Journey, Steve Perry is about to release "The Season" an album of traditional holiday music including the classic " I'll Be Home For Christmas" a clip of which is included in this article.

I checked it out and about a minute in I found myself kinda wincing, and I am a fan of his work with Journey (not so much the Oh Sherry solo stuff)

Can/will CHFI add this album to their lineup?

It drops, as the kids say, the first week in November. Ho ho ho boy.

Is his rendition of "Home For Christmas" worthwhile and will it get airplay on CHFI...

Has CHFI announced when they're switching to the dark side?

September 16, 2021 3:47 pm  #2

Re: CHFI Holiday Playlist: New Addition?

Don't  know if CHFI has announced the date yet, but it was Monday Nov 2 at 5pm last year when they went all Christmas music.  So this year it could be on Nov 1st which is Monday, and All Saints Day for good measure!  I wouldn't be surprised if they included some cuts from Steve Perry's Christmas release.  They play him and Journey all the time and add a few new cuts every year.  They do play Christmas music from current artists, but it won't be long until we hear lots of Bing, Andy, Mariah and The Chipmunks...  

September 16, 2021 3:47 pm  #3

We'll find out in a few weeks when their xmas playlist fires up!   I personally dont want to hear any of it until about Dec 23.

Last edited by markow202 (September 16, 2021 3:48 pm)

September 16, 2021 5:04 pm  #4

Hope ‘FI will dig into the Glass Tiger Christmas album from last year.   It’s pretty decent but ‘FI didn’t add any cuts, yet they play the Newmarket boys hits during the rest of the year.    Alan Frew was disappointed CHFI didn’t add anything.   Hey, it’s CanCon

September 16, 2021 5:08 pm  #5

djwildbill wrote:

Hope ‘FI will dig into the Glass Tiger Christmas album from last year. It’s pretty decent but ‘FI didn’t add any cuts, yet they play the Newmarket boys hits during the rest of the year. Alan Frew was disappointed CHFI didn’t add anything. Hey, it’s CanCon

That's exactly the strong point! It's Can Con! Unless something about the music sounds awful? I don't know...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 16, 2021 6:06 pm  #6

betaylored wrote:

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/steve-perry-journey-the-season/

Can/will CHFI add this album to their lineup?

Is his rendition of "Home For Christmas" worthwhile and will it get airplay

It doesn't have a nice beat and you can't dance to it, Mr. Clark. People may fall asleep while listening to it when
driving. Pass on this pick. Throw it in during a dance marathon...marathon instantly over.

[Add} On further thought, it will get some airplay, not necessarily on CHFI, but it sure is draggy. Some of the
other album tracks may be more radio friendly.

Last edited by mike marshall (September 17, 2021 10:59 am)