sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2021 9:32 pm  #1

An autumn radio station tradition spot-ed but spotty

https://twitter.com/KiSS925/status/1430963686672371715?s=19

Egads we're getting close to the season where the leaves start changing and there's pumpkin spice in everything.

Used to be in late August, early September, radio and television stations would blow big bucks and inundate viewers with tv. ad after tv. ad featuring the on-air talent and top shows.

Some of those ads are legendary.

I don't watch cable television anymore, but I did just see a promoted tweet, which is the dumb name for an ad on Twitter, for radio station Kiss 92.5 and the Roz and Mocha show, sponsored by Apple Music. Wait, Apple Music?!

Here's the clip they're using to sell the show. Great studio. Looks like they're having fun. Not keen on the tight up close shots and choppy editing, but the clip-as-ad does the job.

Are there radio stations running ads on cable television or is that a thing of the past?

I haven't heard any fall promos on 1010, (maybe I've just missed them) you'd think they'd be all over it, to reacquaint listeners with the station's lineup as people get into their autumn routines.

I'd love to see an ad for Moore In The Morning with John Moore and Robert Turner bantering back and forth. Or for them to return to showing more of the studios and behind the scenes moments the way they used to when they were still at Yonge and St. Clair. In the good old days.

Last edited by betaylored (August 27, 2021 9:41 pm)

August 27, 2021 11:22 pm  #2

Re: An autumn radio station tradition spot-ed but spotty

betaylored wrote:

https://twitter.com/KiSS925/status/1430963686672371715?s=19
Are there radio stations running ads on cable television or is that a thing of the past?

You have to also consider that in the past, who owned what TV station? I remember a time when Mix 999 did not own a TV station, so they were free to advertise anywhere they choose.

These days, you'll see ads for morning shows Roz & Mocha on City TV & Omni,
Virgin Radio's Adam and friends on CTV. 
Q 107 on Global...that seems to be the way it rolls now.  
The company that owns the TV station is running their ads first. Everything else is afterthought that might never air.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.