sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2021 6:40 am  #1

The Result Is Obvious

Since Bell's hatchet job gutting their major station news departments, the result is a level of broadcast skill and acumen that has drastically diminished.  With their staff replacements for many of Bell's newscasts you'll hear rapid delivery, mispronunciation of well-known streets and locations and delivered lacking any level of authority.  Enough to make a ND cringe.  Only confirms, "you only get what you paid for."   

August 21, 2021 8:10 am  #2

Re: The Result Is Obvious

Nope sorry! It's not cheap enough! There's gotta be a way to do things cheaper!! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 23, 2021 7:33 pm  #3

Re: The Result Is Obvious

Part of that treck through B and C is more learning what not to say.  I'd stick it out in the hinterland for as long as possible, and make sure I was comfortable in an A market, than allowing my ego to get the better of me and blowing it apart after 3 weeks on-air.

my 2c.

Bentwater wrote:

The bar of expertise in major markets is far lower than it's been.  Someone's loss is an other's opportunity. For the greenhorns with potential it's a great opportunity to get to an A market without a protracted trip through B and C markets, if they so choose.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.