sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2021 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Report: NHL to begin selling ads on jerseys for 2022-23 season

NASCAR Hockey 

August 18, 2021 2:15 pm  #3

I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. European soccer teams have been doing for years. Pretty soon the NBA, NFL and MLB will be doing the same thing, if they haven't done so already.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

August 18, 2021 10:15 pm  #4

Dale Patterson wrote:

I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. European soccer teams have been doing for years. Pretty soon the NBA, NFL and MLB will be doing the same thing, if they haven't done so already.

I guess you didn't see the Raptors championship run.  The Sun Life logo was on every Raptors jersey.

August 19, 2021 10:57 am  #5

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Dale Patterson wrote:

I guess you didn't see the Raptors championship run.  The Sun Life logo was on every Raptors jersey.

Basketball's not my thing, but that does prove my point.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

August 19, 2021 9:08 pm  #6

Listening to Brian Burke's hockey memoir today, and he was talking about going to the rinks back in the day for NHL games, and everyone in the stands smoking cigarettes all through the evening so much the air was blue.

I missed the pristine white boards until I got used to the ads. Not going to ever stop missing the red line, but ads oughtta be ok on the jerseys. It's not like most fans can afford 'em anyway.

Last edited by betaylored (August 19, 2021 9:09 pm)

August 27, 2021 11:24 am  #7

Best comment I have seen so far is  from the guy who suggested the Leafs have the " Golftown" Logo sponsor.

Last edited by fyshtalk (August 28, 2021 9:29 am)

August 27, 2021 1:13 pm  #8

fyshtalk wrote:

Best comment I have seen so far is  from the guy who suggested the Leafs have the " Golftown" Logo sponsor.

or Clublink....

August 28, 2021 9:30 am  #9

One on each arm !