sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2021 4:12 pm  #1

Keith Hampshire On His Radio & Music Career - & That Blue Jays Song

FYImusicnews.ca features a podcast with Bill King interviewing Keith Hampshire. In the piece, just over half an hour long, the former jock recalls how he wound up at Radio Caroline in the U.K. and the remarkable freedom he was given during the nascent British invasion.

He also reminisces about his own hit making days, his old CBC TV show, and how the now iconic "OK Blue Jays" came about. (A shame he leaves out all but a casual reference to his days at CKFH, which I would definitely have liked to hear more about.) If you listen to it, it won't take long to realize he's a pretty good storyteller. 

A Podcast Conversation With ... Keith Hampshire

August 5, 2021 5:57 pm  #2

Re: Keith Hampshire On His Radio & Music Career - & That Blue Jays Song

Thanks for this, Bill King is always an engaging and curious host. Hampshire fans might also be interested in a Toronto Mike'd 2018 visit which I enjoyed listening to at the time and it'll be nice to hear the recent Bill King appearance as well:

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 367: Keith Hampshire

August 6, 2021 8:42 pm  #3

We dove so deep that afternoon, I made poor Keefer late for a funeral!

This ep is one of my personal favourites.

August 7, 2021 11:06 am  #4

keith's voice was used for our jock intros on the pelmorex (satellite) radio network.

August 8, 2021 10:31 am  #5

It's interesting that there is no mention of when Keith came back to Canada, he was on CKFH in Toronto. He was great. If fact we were both there at the same time.  That's how we met.  We even got fired on the same day.  6 months later I was rehired; but Keith decided to stay with voice work.  Best move he ever made at the time.  Made him a wealthy mate.  Then again, when I'm interviewed I tend to leave a radio station or two out of the mix,

Last edited by John D (August 8, 2021 10:38 am)