sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2021 1:07 pm  #2

Re: Glenn Pelletier retiring Aug. 13 after 40 years behind the mike

Got to work with him for a while at 570 CHYM in '89, wish him nothing but the best.  A nice guy.

July 18, 2021 11:53 am  #3

That was great that the Record did a feature story on Glenn before he retires next month.  Glenn is a well known and liked personality in the K/W area.  He is one of those people that is so easy to listen to on the radio.  Comes across as totally natural, never stumbles and interjects a bit of humour and personality with his co-host Lisa Drew mornings on 570 News.  He is great as a substitute talk show host when covering for holidays and connects well with callers.

Those in the GTA that maybe aren't familiar with 570 News, they are modeled after 680 News with the exception of daytime talk shows, and they are the radio broadcaster for Kitchener Rangers hockey, and carry the Jays broadcasts too.  A good local news/talk/sports outlet.  All three local Rogers stations moved into new facilities in an area called the Boardwalk in the Ira Needles commercial development in the summer of 2016.  This was a big move from their downtown studios at 305 King St. where they had been for about 50 years.  Like the other Rogers talk/news stations, 570 News will be rebranded City News Kitchener this fall.  They have been known as 570 News since June 1997.   

Last edited by paterson1 (July 18, 2021 12:01 pm)

July 18, 2021 1:41 pm  #4

In the early 2000 era I did deliveries in the lower half of Grey county and as far south as Goderich , and east to Clinton, back north thru Walkerton and returning to the home base of Collingwood. After 640 would fade out, I would tune to 570. I didn't hear alot of Glenn ,usually a newscast or two. The mid day show was a guy who had worked with Jake Edwards at Q107 , I for the life of me can't recall his  name, followed by Gary Doyle who I found a good host to pass the day with. The station back then was as professional sounding as any in the GTA. Good  luck to Glenn in retirement. On a side note, I actually did meet him once  when his band played at a small bar in Alliston ,likely in the mid 80,s. 

Last edited by mic'em (July 18, 2021 1:42 pm)