sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2021 2:32 pm  #1

CKDO Oshawa 75th Anniversary

This fall CKDO turns 75! Quite a run! We know that CKDO has plenty of tales to tell, so as part of the celebrations, we're putting together a series of podcasts about the story of CKDO and Oshawa radio and we'd love your help. If you worked here or at CKLB CKQS, CKLR, CKQT, CKAR or knew someone who worked here or know where we can get in touch with them, we'd like to hear from you. Please reach out to me, Chris Koppin, at koppin@ckdo.ca. The holy grail is any old audio. If anyone has an old promos, ID's or any station audio hiding in the back of a drawer, we'd love to get a copy. Any era it doesn't matter. If you can help tell the story of CKDO and Oshawa radio in anyway please reach out to me at koppin@ckdo.ca. We appreciate your help and hope you'll tune in this fall to help us celebrate.

July 1, 2021 4:48 pm  #2

Re: CKDO Oshawa 75th Anniversary

I never worked there, but I found this in an old Cashbox Magazine from Dec. 1962. Maybe you can find it and play it on your special?

July 1, 2021 5:01 pm  #3

That's incredible. Thank you.

July 5, 2021 6:56 pm  #4

I heard from Mr. Koppin Monday and he wanted to thank many of the people here who chimed in with material and memories. He was very complimentary towards the site and its members, and that's because of your generosity. 

I'm not in the least bit connected to this project, but many here are aware of how I feel about stations ignoring their own history. Here's a case where one outlet is hoping to pay tribute to it. So if you have any memorabilia or anything to add to his research, please feel free to contact him. 

And thanks to those who did. 

July 6, 2021 12:20 am  #5

When Chris and I spoke the other day; because of your post RadioActive, we found out that we were both passionate HABS Fans.