sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2021 11:05 pm  #1

The National is a mess

Anyone else watching after the Habs game?

First few minutes filled with technical difficulties, including showing colour bars off the top. 
Don't see this too often on a national CBC program. 

June 30, 2021 11:08 pm  #2

Re: The National is a mess

A lot of things were being done remotely during the pandemic.  Perhaps that's still the case.

June 30, 2021 11:20 pm  #3

For sure. Although I don't think most of the control room staff can work from home. Seemed to be an issue from that side of the operation, not with the producing/writing side of things. 

July 1, 2021 12:28 am  #4

It may be partly because they’re trying to do a live show with coverage of the catastrophic wildfire that has taken over Lytton, BC. This has only developed in the past 4 hours and early reports have suggested the whole town may be gone.

CBC Radio out here has actually been doing a live call-in. It’s some of the most chilling live radio I’ve ever listened to.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (July 1, 2021 12:29 am)

July 1, 2021 4:39 pm  #5

torontostan wrote:

Anyone else watching after the Habs game?

First few minutes filled with technical difficulties, including showing colour bars off the top. 
Don't see this too often on a national CBC program. 

I saw the first few minutes and didn't know what was going on.  It was almost like an off air satellite feed had gotten on by accident.  Shots of the reporter in Lytton when she didn't know that she was on, and Andrew Chang looking off camera seeming confused.  Ian Hanomansing proving again why he is such a pro, remained calm and explained the live feed situation. This guy should be their sole anchor  Monday to Friday.  Regardless, give credit to CBC for broadcasting live from a small remote village in BC that had temperatures of 48C this week and has been 90% destroyed by a flash fire.  The residents were literally evacuating their homes as they were broadcasting live.   The National scooped both Global and CTV.