sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2021 3:59 pm  #1

Howard Stern Upsets Some of His Listeners With 2 Month Holiday

Howard Stern who recently signed a 5 year $500 million contract with Sirius XM has angered some of his listeners, who pay extra to listen to his show, on Sirius XM.  More in this story from the National Post...
https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/celebrity/howard-stern-angers-sirius-subscribers-by-taking-two-month-17-million-summer-vacation

June 30, 2021 11:47 pm  #2

Re: Howard Stern Upsets Some of His Listeners With 2 Month Holiday

This will make Howard Stern 72 when his contract ends. 
At that point he should retire while he's "still young" lol 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 1, 2021 11:39 am  #3

So at $20 per month to listen to Howard Stern would be a big part of the $100 million a year payment with Sirius.  Wonder how many in Canada subscribe to him?  You may need to count with the fingers on both hands!!

July 1, 2021 4:33 pm  #4

How many people listen to an entire morning show every day? Chances are listeners are going to hear things they haven't heard before.  Or alternatively they could tune in to one of the other channels and enjoy the same 200 songs all summer.

July 2, 2021 7:39 am  #5

I had a new work truck for a day a couple of weeks ago while my regular was in for service. The new one had active Sirius so I tuned in channel 100  and listened to Stern for most of the day. He is still doing the same show he did 20 years ago only now X rated. Why would I pay to listen to a guy complain about his life and tiny penis . I get that at home every night from my wife . 

July 2, 2021 12:29 pm  #7

paterson1 wrote:

So at $20 per month to listen to Howard Stern would be a big part of the $100 million a year payment with Sirius.  Wonder how many in Canada subscribe to him?  You may need to count with the fingers on both hands!!

Gotta disagree with this. There’s a large Canadian fan base for Stern in Canada. SiriusXM Canada probably couldn’t survive financially without him. He really hits them with the Hein!

July 3, 2021 11:18 am  #8

It would be interesting to see what their subscriber numbers are, and what the turnover rate is from new car sales.  Last figures I saw from 2017, SiriusXM Canada had a little under 3 million total subscribers.  But to get Howard you need to buy the premium package.  It would be neat to find out how many spend the extra $$ for this, and if they stay with Sirius or drop it after a year or two. I have had the service for almost 5 years but not premium.