sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2021 6:04 am  #1

Jim Richards injured in a gardening accident ?

I was up a bit earlier than usual today, and turned on the radio to 1010 am to hear what Jim Richards was talking about in the last hour of his show. I didn't recognize  the voice of the host, but it definitely  wasn't Jimerbly. The guest host identified himself  as Dave Cooper, and said he would be in for Jim for the rest of the week. I've heard  his name mentioned, but I don't know much about him.He sounded good,seems like he knew what he was doing, and has a fair bit of experience in talk radio.Does anyone know what happened to Jim ? I hope it's not too serious, but it is keeping him off the air. Wishing him a quick recovery.

June 23, 2021 7:20 am  #2

Re: Jim Richards injured in a gardening accident ?

Reports are unconfirmed that he learned he'd just won Lotto Max and told CFRB to take this job and shove it

June 23, 2021 9:02 am  #3

grilled.cheese wrote:

As an avid gardener, I can say I have never injured myself.  I take all necessary safety precautions.

Ticks have been spotted in every garden this summer, so it is important to use protection

June 23, 2021 10:29 am  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

geo wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

As an avid gardener, I can say I have never injured myself.  I take all necessary safety precautions.

Ticks have been spotted in every garden this summer, so it is important to use protection

Not in my garden.  I don't allow it.  I built a wall and the ticks paid for it.

Were they ticked off?

June 23, 2021 2:52 pm  #5

Meanwhile, back to streaming WOR overnights...

June 23, 2021 3:45 pm  #6

Norman peters wrote:

I was up a bit earlier than usual today, and turned on the radio to 1010 am to hear what Jim Richards was talking about in the last hour of his show. I didn't recognize  the voice of the host, but it definitely  wasn't Jimerbly. The guest host identified himself  as Dave Cooper, and said he would be in for Jim for the rest of the week. I've heard  his name mentioned, but I don't know much about him.He sounded good,seems like he knew what he was doing, and has a fair bit of experience in talk radio.Does anyone know what happened to Jim ? I hope it's not too serious, but it is keeping him off the air. Wishing him a quick recovery.

David Cooper ( https://twitter.com/dtcooper ) out of New York has been joining Jim for a while now on the show as comic banter/fodder/loosely defined co-host.

I believe "gardening accident" is Dave just wisecracking/being silly for Jim's planned vacation (show audio in podcast form posted this week leads with "David Cooper is in for the vacationing Jim Richards all this week.")   At another time this week on one of the shows he said "Jim is currently on an Arctic expedition with pick-axe in hand."   Sort of a "What crazy stories can I invent that Jim is up to?" type thing. Just part of the "bit".

June 24, 2021 10:22 am  #7

Thank you AspectRatio. Knowing a bit more about Dave Cooper, and knowing Jim Richards sense of humour, it's no surprise that was the spin Dave put on it.I remember some years back, Jim told listeners of story involving issues he had with his access to water supply into his home. I don't recall all the details, but I believe it was a broken water pipe. An issue about a small easement on his neighbours property, that gave him no end of grief trying to solve the problem. He's  had many strange incidents in his life the gardening accident sounded plausible.