sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2021 1:01 pm  #1

Jays on You Tube Wed. June 30

What will Rogers do on radio?  The Jays/Mariners game is scheduled exclusively on You Tube.  Will the Rogers TV guys do just radio that night?

June 29, 2021 10:34 pm  #2

Re: Jays on You Tube Wed. June 30

Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler will do a radio only broadcast tomorrow night. That ought to be....interesting.

June 30, 2021 5:57 am  #3

Note to Sportsnet:  Pauleeeeze tell Pat Tabler to shut up when the pitcher is about to throw the ball! This You Tube broadcast will reveal just how inept this TV/radio crew has been destroying radio play-by-play.  A perfect example of what the visionally challenged ball fan has experienced.

June 30, 2021 7:14 am  #4

Since it might only point out how much regular radio coverage is missed and since Rogers sadly controls the team. the stadium and the flagship where its games are broadcast, I doubt they'd want this pointed out. But I agree with this blogger - Jerry Howarth does deserve to be honoured at the home ball park. (And they've got room - he can take the spot formerly occupied by Robbie Alomar!)

Man, is Jerry missed this season! I can't help but wonder if they would have cancelled the radio side if he were still working. 

Blue Jays: Time to add Jerry Howarth to the Level of Excellence

June 30, 2021 10:37 am  #5

YAY SEATTLE! GO SEATTLE!! WOO HOO!!!  Hooray for KIRO 710 (ESPN 710)
(When the Jays get a proper radio broadcast back I'll cheer for them)

Here's the Youtube source, if desired: 

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 30, 2021 10:37 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 30, 2021 11:32 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Since it might only point out how much regular radio coverage is missed and since Rogers sadly controls the team. the stadium and the flagship where its games are broadcast, I doubt they'd want this pointed out. But I agree with this blogger - Jerry Howarth does deserve to be honoured at the home ball park. (And they've got room - he can take the spot formerly occupied by Robbie Alomar!)

Man, is Jerry missed this season! I can't help but wonder if they would have cancelled the radio side if he were still working. 

Blue Jays: Time to add Jerry Howarth to the Level of Excellence

Considering they've got Tom Cheek up there, it seems like a no-brainer.

June 30, 2021 7:29 pm  #7

i was wondering why i couldn't find it 

June 30, 2021 8:41 pm  #8

Listening to the "Morning Zoo" style of these guys doing the Jays game on Youtube .. gotta admit, my initial reaction is I prefer any combo of Dan, Buck or Pat.

July 1, 2021 6:33 am  #9

After watching that piece of crapola on YouTube, Pat and Buck are looking pretty good today.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

July 1, 2021 9:47 am  #10

I like Dan, Buck and Pat, but I got a kick out of the YouTube gang last night. They were fun and funny and relatively knowledgeable. They weren't "homers", which is one thing that annoys about Pat. They were nice for a change, but not every night.

July 1, 2021 10:16 am  #11

Stats...stats....stats... who cares?  Why all the numbers?  Who cares how fast a baseball left the bat or what is the percentage of the runner getting to second if he doesn't stop to talk to the pitcher.  Forget all the mind-numbing numbers, just play ball!

July 1, 2021 1:17 pm  #12

July 2, 2021 9:41 pm  #13

One of the features throughout the broadcast was an "enhanced stat cast."  I think it was meant to be experimental.  In other words: not a typical TV broadcast.

July 3, 2021 2:46 pm  #14

Did anyone listen to the radio only broadcast of Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler? How was it?

July 3, 2021 4:28 pm  #15

I listened to part of it.  It wasn't any different than usual.  And that includes Buck's second last sentence, "Thanks for watching."