sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2021 11:17 pm  #1

Roger Ashby Launches Podcast As Complement To Oldies Show

On his weekly show, Ashby confirmed that he's now doing a complementary podcast as an adjunct to his Oldies Show. But it's not new material. Instead, they're taking existing features from that show - like Behind The Hits and The Roots of Rock - and putting them in bite-size (or should that be byte size?) clips as a mini two-minute podcast.

Interestingly, one of them is the much-discussed Chapel of Love by the Dixie Cups that generated some discussion here last week when they played the wrong version on air. The podcasts contain the story, but not the song, so it's not a factor.  

There are already a few of them online. You can sample them here.

June 20, 2021 2:45 am  #2

Re: Roger Ashby Launches Podcast As Complement To Oldies Show

Complement. Complementary.

June 20, 2021 6:32 am  #3

MonteVideo wrote:

Complement. Complementary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/complement-and-compliment-usage-difference

Which means Monte would seem to be correct. All these years and I've never come across this English dichotomy. You learn something new every day. My compliments to him. Er, complements. Er -- OK, kudos... Either way, I've made the change and appreciate the correction in the original post. 

June 20, 2021 3:13 pm  #4

Speaking of Ashby, here's a classic announcement from August 1969. Who knew back then he'd still be working for the same place more than 50 years later? Do you suppose anyone still calls him "Beever?"