sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2021 1:47 pm  #1

Stock Market is Smiling Today

If you have money in the stock market, today so far has been a good day.  The TSX hit 20,000 points earlier today, first time ever.  The TSX has been setting records since the new year.  Right now sitting just under 20,000.  It was only about year ago that the TSX was at slightly over 15,000 basis points.  But you haven't really made any money until you cash in.  As Lou Schizaz would say, Happy Capitalism.. 

June 1, 2021 2:45 pm  #2

Re: Stock Market is Smiling Today

Lou appears weekly on Marc Patrone's show on Sauga 960. And no, he hasn't changed a bit. 

June 1, 2021 2:55 pm  #3

paterson1 wrote:

If you have money in the stock market, today so far has been a good day.  The TSX hit 20,000 points earlier today, first time ever.  The TSX has been setting records since the new year.  Right now sitting just under 20,000.  It was only about year ago that the TSX was at slightly over 15,000 basis points.  But you haven't really made any money until you cash in.  As Lou Schizaz would say, Happy Capitalism.. 

*chuckles*  were you watching over my shoulder?  .. i did a Sell just 15 minutes before your post.

truth be told .. i have some stock bought ages ago with a hefty capital gain pending that i want to dump & take the tax hit now before i start collecting my CPP.

June 1, 2021 3:07 pm  #4

Besides my SOWNY screen, my other two screens are watching the markets. 

June 18, 2021 7:42 pm  #5

I'm just looking for the word Corus in this thread some place. 
Not long ago...wasn't that stock crashing?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.