sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2021 11:31 pm  #1

Leafs Lunch Lives? GNR 640 Does "Playoff Show" After Leaf Game

I was expecting Charles Adler Thursday night on 640 but was surprised to hear Greg Brady and others, discussing Game One. I suppose there's nothing wrong with doing that, per se, but the problem is I only tuned in because I was looking for something else.

I don't recall hearing any promos for this impromptu special call-in show, but why would anyone looking for that content tune in 640? They haven't done that kind of show in years and it's the last place I would go for post-game comments. 

Anyway, it was called The Playoff Show and was supposed to run from 10 - 11:30 PM, but was still on long after they were supposed to join Adler in progress. I'm guessing this is something they're going to do during the entire run, however long it lasts. 

May 21, 2021 6:18 pm  #2

Re: Leafs Lunch Lives? GNR 640 Does "Playoff Show" After Leaf Game

RadioActive wrote:

I was expecting Charles Adler Thursday night on 640 but was surprised to hear Greg Brady and others, discussing Game One. I suppose there's nothing wrong with doing that, per se, but the problem is I only tuned in because I was looking for something else.

I don't recall hearing any promos for this impromptu special call-in show, but why would anyone looking for that content tune in 640? They haven't done that kind of show in years and it's the last place I would go for post-game comments. 

Anyway, it was called The Playoff Show and was supposed to run from 10 - 11:30 PM, but was still on long after they were supposed to join Adler in progress. I'm guessing this is something they're going to do during the entire run, however long it lasts. 

I miss Andy Frost.

May 21, 2021 6:58 pm  #3

Re: Leafs Lunch Lives? GNR 640 Does "Playoff Show" After Leaf Game

betaylored wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

I miss Andy Frost.

I also miss Mike in Buffalo.