sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2021 10:03 pm  #1

Sportsnet's YouTube, SteveDangle & Habs v. Leafs

Sportsnet's YouTube channel has Steve Dangle live hosting tonight's game with the right hand side of the screen showing the live feed of the hockey game, the left side has Steve watching the play, reading viewers questions and comments as they scroll by, responding to various people posting their thoughts, sharing his own, and with just under 10k on board with Steve, this whole idea could have legs.

That's a LOT of talking for one person to do for a LONG time. I watched for a few minutes, and he's been doing well, unabashedly pro Toronto but still calling the Habs organization classy for their supportive tweet wishing the Leafs captain a speedy recovery.

Steve Dangle's looking like Sportsnet's best hope for a major hometown star broadcast personality, maybe for the morning show?

* over 14,000 viewers by the end of the very disappointing loss for the home team.

Last edited by betaylored (May 20, 2021 10:25 pm)

May 20, 2021 11:42 pm  #2

Re: Sportsnet's YouTube, SteveDangle & Habs v. Leafs

I'm a big fan of "victory puppies guy" and his LFR's.  wasn't sure how his game stream would go, so passed on game 1, but maybe will try on saturday.

May 22, 2021 3:49 pm  #3

splunge wrote:

I'm a big fan of "victory puppies guy" and his LFR's.  wasn't sure how his game stream would go, so passed on game 1, but maybe will try on saturday.

I'm not too keen on the performance from one of the Sportsnet tv play by play hosts who actually said during Thursdays game before the Tavares injury, "that's why I said earlier, it's important to be able to play with a stick." instead of talking about footwork, or how often sticks break, or how much reach you get with your stick, the dude was either on autopilot, not well, or just doesn't like his job.

Fans don't like being talked down to.

Maybe I'll have Joe Bowen and Jim Ralph on the radio, while the game plays on the tv. and check it with Steve Dangle too.

Go Leafs! 🤞🏒

Last edited by betaylored (May 22, 2021 3:51 pm)

May 24, 2021 10:15 pm  #4

18,000 concurrent viewers watched with Steve Dangle to see the Leafs win on YouTube tonight, according to producer Drew.

That's enough to fill an arena. Not too shabby. If I was a betting man, and I'm not, I'd say he gets even higher numbers for the next game. Good word of mouth still counts even in this day and age of Twitch-y tech.

Go Leafs! 👏👏👏👏👏🤞