sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2021 8:27 pm  #1

Do You Get WNLO, The CW Affiliate In Buffalo? You'll Want To Know This

For the first time in its 15-year existence, the CW Network - carried in Buffalo by Nexstar's WNLO, Channel 23 - will be programming seven nights a week, adding shows on Saturday this fall. There's no word yet on exactly what they'll use to fill those two hours of primetime on what is traditionally a dead night for network TV, but I can't help but wonder if Canadian content could be used to supplement the time. 

The CW has already carried several Canadian shows, including the CBC's "Coroner" and the now cancelled "The Trickster." And depending on how they proceed, they will need something cheap to fill a night that doesn't get a lot of viewers. Shows from here could easily fill that bill. 

The CW to Expand to 7 Nights for First Time Ever

May 19, 2021 10:53 pm  #2

Re: Do You Get WNLO, The CW Affiliate In Buffalo? You'll Want To Know This

Well...to answer your question, they only have a couple of new shows: a rebooted version of the old USA Network series The 4400, as well as a new version of the old Nickelodeon game show Legends of the Hidden Temple. Another game show, Would I Lie To You?, is also coming(the UK version and its US counterpart).

On a different subject: WNLO will be adding a new subchannel to their lineup come September 1st: Rewind TV, a sort of spinoff of Antenna TV focused on 80s & 90s sitcoms(Antenna, which airs on WGRZ 2.2, focuses on the 1960s & 70s). (This is not to be confused with the Canadian network Rewind, which airs 70s-90s movies targeted to Gen X.)

May 19, 2021 11:17 pm  #3

ckg927 wrote:

On a different subject: WNLO will be adding a new subchannel to their lineup come September 1st: Rewind TV, a sort of spinoff of Antenna TV focused on 80s & 90s sitcoms(Antenna, which airs on WGRZ 2.2, focuses on the 1960s & 70s). (This is not to be confused with the Canadian network Rewind, which airs 70s-90s movies targeted to Gen X.)

Interesting you mention this. September also means Bounce TV gets bounced into it's new location. 
I'd say more, but CW isn't mentioned here:  lol
https://buffalonews.com/entertainment/television/alan-pergament-rewind-tv-will-join-arsenal-of-digital-channels-carrying-classic-tv-shows/article_843cc1b4-acd4-11eb-85c8-67fe837c5a6e.html

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 23, 2021 9:48 am  #4

The funny thing is that of all the local stations, WIVB & WNLO make the LEAST use out of their subchannels. Each of them only have 1(WIVB has Court TV, WNLO has Bounce(soon to be Rewind TV)).

May 23, 2021 8:59 pm  #5

After the repack WIVB moved to WNLO's transmitter and became a subchannel of WNLO along with Court TV. WIVB sold their old frequency to the wireless companies. So WNLO RF 36 now has WNLO (1080i), WIVB(1080i), Bounce(480i) and Court TV (480i)as subchannels. Also as a result of a deal regarding ATSC 3.0, they are also hosting Get TV from WNYO on a subchannel (49.4 virtual 480i) so it can be seen in ATSC 1.0. So there is no more room. I think it is amazing that they can have that many channels on one transmitter.