sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2016 11:38 pm  #1

Anybody Listening To Bill Carroll ???

Did William make his Ottawa debut this week ??

I'm retired and don't get up much before the noon hour.

Yes it's true....everyday feels like Friday...

Can anyone help me out here  ?? 

March 9, 2016 12:15 am  #2

Re: Anybody Listening To Bill Carroll ???

Not full shows, but you can listen to some podcast highlights at the link below. Even after noon!

http://devel.autopod.ca/chum/225/podcasts/

March 9, 2016 12:35 am  #3

I captured Monday's show and listened to the first half-hour. (and a few other bits on the podcasts)

Maybe it's just me but it sure seemed to sound like a smaller-market broadcast.  It will probably take a while before he really gets into the Ottawa groove.  It was great to hear him and John Tory together again.

March 9, 2016 1:01 am  #4

Not me.  But then I NEVER did before.  Why start now?

March 9, 2016 9:55 am  #5

I'm sure Bill is a good guy.  Not suggesting anything other than I don't listen to 'traditional' talk radio...EVER.  WAY too many fools.  FAR too little time.  They are not to be suffered gladly, or otherwise, even if the hosts have their wits about them.  Obvious bullshyte agendas are just EVER-SO boring.

March 9, 2016 11:20 am  #6

Old Codger wrote:

I don't listen to 'traditional' talk radio

What is untraditional talk radio, O.C.?         Libby Beans Znaimer?

March 9, 2016 1:13 pm  #7

Cross Canada Checkup, CBC radio Sundays

March 9, 2016 3:16 pm  #8

The talk radio alluded to around these parts has to do with the tying together of SO-CALLED 'news' and 'issues'.  I listen to SOME sports talk radio.  That's for fun.  I USED to listen to 680. That was for headlines, weather and traffic...not for ANY of their other filler/poop. But here I think were talking about yackin' radio with a specific host and then their bevy of supposed experts who have their tale or agenda to sell.  I don't give a flying squirrel about their opinions on ANYTHING.  Nada.  Ziltch.  Dick-all.  Radios should have a flush option.

Annoying losers.  And they get to lose every blinkin' weekday with the 2nd and 3rd tier loserettes wasting airwaves and people's time on holidays and the weekend.  Bla bla bla bla...  Insiders selling whatever it is they're paid to push.  Usually pure unadulterated crap.

And we USED to complain about 'payola'?  WTF is this?  Hypocritical radio.  That's what it is.  Don't piss off the advertisers by covering real issues.  Just sell us doo doo and call THAT important instead.  It's fill-in for news.  It's out and out payola. Get lost.  Tiny talent time USED to be for kids.

March 9, 2016 6:55 pm  #9

Kevin O'Leary has undertaken to clean this up when he becomes Prime Minister

March 9, 2016 11:58 pm  #10

Charlie wrote:

So, we can assume you're not glued to 640's Greg Carasco 'Show' on weekends?

I'm glad I could make at least a wee point on the subject at hand Charlie.  No I don't 'dial' in ol' Greg.  Nor will I when he gets elevated to a weekday shift...if, in fact, that ever happens.

Meanwhile...bring back the HOG.  At least those folks had the balls to call a pig a pig.