sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2021 5:49 pm  #1

Has The Pandemic Changed Your Radio Listening Habits?

It doesn't matter whether you work in the industry or are just a regular listener. I've noticed that since the beginning of the pandemic, my listening habits have changed. It's not the stations I monitor, though, that's different - it's, you should pardon the expression, the frequency.  

I find myself actually listening more than I used to, which I'm pretty sure isn't what most people would say. Mostly it's talk or news with an occasional tune into music. But the spoken word has captured the bulk of my attention. With the stay-at-home orders and the closing of so many social venues, like restaurants, theatres and the like, along with stores, and less time spent commuting, you'd think there would be a drop in hours tuned. But I'm probably an anomaly in this case.  

For many, their streaming or TV tune-in time is up. I love TV, but I just don't seem to get around to watching it as much as I once did. What's been your experience? Different stations or the same ones for less or more time? Or maybe it's about the same. 

I wonder if things will ever go back to normal once this nightmare actually ends.