sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2016 12:32 am  #1

warning, warning!!!!!

it's what everyone, on air (even the jocks) seems to be talking about. snow, snow , and snow. have you heard? call mel! we could get as much as 20 yes 20 centimeters! it's going to happen this morning, no wait, this afternoon, i mean overnight, or maybe next year, but it's comin'!! folks, that whopping 20 centimeters equates to about 8 inches. since when has a canadian city been worked up about the possibility of receiving 8 inches of snow? some people i know are scared silly from what they've been hearing on air. 8 inches of snow (dry powdery stuff at that) is nothing to be afraid of. i realize, in this season of the el nino, sponsored storm warning have been sparse (and you gotta get that cash) but c'mon, do us a favor... save the promoting of fear for when the sky falls... or if trump is elected president,

March 2, 2016 12:48 am  #2

Re: warning, warning!!!!!

if you're south of the mason dixon (imho). i'm not saying a few "warnings " aren't called for, but what I heard was a bit overboard. it's a good thing we don't get buffalo type weather because nitro presriptions would be at an all time high.

Last edited by the original hank (March 2, 2016 12:50 am)

March 2, 2016 1:24 am  #3

Just ask listeners to go outside, measure how high the snow is from the ground up and call in. Anywhere north of Barrie will be the odds on favourite to win.

March 2, 2016 2:18 am  #4

why can't a warning (when dealing with smaller amounts of snow) be accompanied by something positive ("we've seen a lot worse, take your time, you should be fine" etc...). if anything, it's an inconvenience. save the doom and gloom for the big storms. c'mon it's a max of 8 inches... not 8 feet! 

March 2, 2016 8:59 am  #5

It's Weathertainment.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

March 2, 2016 6:56 pm  #6

Gawd!!!  I'd drive to work on a Sunday...19 minutes...max.  There were weekdays when it merely drizzled that it took me an hour and a half.  Then there were the winter days when it snowed that it took 3 hours.  Accident days?  The same.  I could have driven up to Muskoka and back faster...Maintaining THE SPEED LIMIT.

8 inches of snow?  A true catastrophic attack on all of humanity...Toronto Style.  City of wooses.  [and crappy drivers]  For shame!!!