sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2021 12:19 pm  #1

CFRB "News"

Now Jerry Agar is using Mark Towhey as an “expert”, this time on the China-Two Michaels issue.
Towhey is no journalist, and it’s obvious: his facts are wrong, but accepted as the truth by Agar, e.g.

• the dates and locations of the two trials
  • the number of foreign representatives at each of the trials
  • who was there for Canada (ambassador is actually in Canada)

Coupled with the canned hourly news “updates” from a network that has no correspondents!!!!
Sinclair, Parnaby, (Dave) Agar – this is their legacy?

March 23, 2021 1:36 pm  #2

Re: CFRB "News"

Playing fast and loose with the facts, so they fit into the spectrum of his opinion? Or does he thinks his listeners only get their news of the world from his show, and nowhere else? Don't hear much lately about the high quality of the research teams they have behind all the hosts to get the "facts" correct.

March 23, 2021 2:41 pm  #3

Their news operation was sloppy before the Cull, now it's merely risible.

April 1, 2021 8:03 am  #4

So over talking, insulting & interrupting other panelists isn't enough for Mark Towhey.  Today,  on John Moore's 7:50am round table, Towney flat out told the other panelists to shut up.   Well past time for this boorish clown to be permanently shown the door.

April 1, 2021 10:11 am  #5

Odd. I don't see that audio clip on their web site.

April 1, 2021 11:01 am  #6

I heard the exchange between Mark Towhey and the other panelists. Numerous people talking over each other usually has me focusing on something else, or tuning out altogether. When I heard him say that to the others on the panel, I thought, don't you have a show on the weekend to refute anything others on the panel may say that you disagree with?    The 'good news' is,sounds like they have re-recorded the  promo for CFRB that sounded like it was done in an echo chamber. It sounds like the same person doing the voice, but it sounds closer to  what would be considered a normal sounding promo.

April 1, 2021 11:06 am  #7

Norman peters wrote:

I heard the exchange between Mark Towhey and the other panelists. Numerous people talking over each other usually has me focusing on something else, or tuning out altogether. When I heard him say that to the others on the panel, I thought, don't you have a show on the weekend to refute anything others on the panel may say that you disagree with? 

His Sunday show was cancelled with the rest of the Bell purge last month. He's now introduced as a "1010 contributor." And in fact, he's sitting in for Evan Solomon on Thursday afternoon.  

April 1, 2021 11:57 am  #8

​Wow! I wonder if Evan Solomon has any input / override on this? Probably not: quite a disparity in journalism experience, and fact-based intuition.

Last edited by Jay Baxter (April 1, 2021 11:57 am)