sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2021 11:05 am  #1

Mike Wilner On Tom Cheek & His Historic Radio Career With The Jays

A terrific tribute to a great broadcaster from a former colleague who owes him his career. 

Tom Cheek touched so many lives, including mine. The birth of a new Blue Jays season is a poignant reminder

(By the way, in case you're wondering why these now link directly to the Star, which allows only a few free articles to non-subscribers, it's because they seem to have defeated the Outline program we used to use here to highlight certain chosen stories. So if you've used up your monthly allotment of freebies, there's not much I can do. Sorry.) 

March 19, 2021 1:12 pm  #2

Re: Mike Wilner On Tom Cheek & His Historic Radio Career With The Jays

RadioActive wrote:

A terrific tribute to a great broadcaster from a former colleague who owes him his career. 

Tom Cheek touched so many lives, including mine. The birth of a new Blue Jays season is a poignant reminder

(By the way, in case you're wondering why these now link directly to the Star, which allows only a few free articles to non-subscribers, it's because they seem to have defeated the Outline program we used to use here to highlight certain chosen stories. So if you've used up your monthly allotment of freebies, there's not much I can do. Sorry.) 

Just disable JavaScript for the Star and you can read all the articles you want.  Also applies to Washington Post, L.A. Times, N.Y. Times and the U.K Telegraph to name but a few.

March 23, 2021 10:59 pm  #3

Re: Mike Wilner On Tom Cheek & His Historic Radio Career With The Jays

I have no idea how one person finds themself in these situations, but Jon Pole shared audio of when Tom Cheek invited him to sit in on Jays play by play -

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/43977705