sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2021 11:32 am  #1

CP24 Daytime Repeats ...

Yesterday I turned on CP24 at 3pm.  The display in the corner showed 1pm and the announcer came on and confirmed that it was 1pm.  Is it common to repeat the newscast?  I know that news topics don't always change but it seems odd to actually repeat it.  Why not show 3pm on the display and have the newscaster not mention the time?  Surprised/not surprised about this.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

March 17, 2021 12:21 pm  #2

Re: CP24 Daytime Repeats ...

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Yesterday I turned on CP24 at 3pm.  The display in the corner showed 1pm and the announcer came on and confirmed that it was 1pm.  Is it common to repeat the newscast?  I know that news topics don't always change but it seems odd to actually repeat it.  Why not show 3pm on the display and have the newscaster not mention the time?  Surprised/not surprised about this.

Are you sure you didn't have your set top box in show restart mode/pvr?   Even if a show is repeated, CP24's clock would not be wrong..  They repeat the 11pm hour overnight and this is never done..  The graphics are live always.

A friend of mine had this issue, and it ended up they had their box running programming 2 hours from live.

Last edited by radiokid (March 17, 2021 12:25 pm)