sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2021 10:41 am  #1

Jesse & Gene

Just listened to their first batch of podkasts.  The first few were funny (brought back memories of their CFTR days.)  The more I listened to, the more I realised how old I am getting.  They weren't funny...just crude and rude.  So much potential....so much great material... we don't need another Howard Stern.  Nobody gets shocked by the swearing any more.  More tales from your past and less laughing at yourself.

March 11, 2021 11:20 am  #2

Re: Jesse & Gene

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Yesteryear crap.  Roz & Mocha are the new Jesse & Gene. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 11, 2021 2:53 pm  #3

Re: Jesse & Gene

One thing I learned being in this business is no one has a monopoly on 'being cool'...everyone has a best before date...enjoy the time you have and if you want to keep going best of luck but know the audience you had are usually the ones that grow old, lame and dated with you...if you're good with that then that's fine...unless you specialize in polarizing views (Limbaugh) or did it really well first (Stern) or work for a station that plays a popular music format for a long time (no matter what a DJ tells you people listen to a music station for its tunes not its talent)...time always wins and generations move on...

Last edited by Johnny B (March 11, 2021 2:54 pm)