sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2021 7:36 am  #1

A key group of people are upset with no radio Blue Jays Broadcasts

Members of Canada's Blind and those with sight challenges have reached out to Sportsnet to protest the recent changes to the radio broadcasts being pulled. 

The reply was sticking to "company policy" and centered around the health and safety of the broadcast team.

I don't know about you, but why doesn't major media consult with the listeners before making big changes and letting those you've developed a liking for go, without notice.

The letter sent to Sportsnet says, "that this move goes against Canada's Accessible Act and that this group of those who are blind or have sight issues represents 1.5 million people across the country", according to the Alliance for Equality for Blind People in Canada. That to me is a lot of listeners...

Is it me, or has big media lost their soul?

Here is more on the story...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/visually-impaired-blue-jays-fans-212101089.html

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (March 9, 2021 8:28 am)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 9, 2021 8:17 am  #2

Re: A key group of people are upset with no radio Blue Jays Broadcasts

Getting the feed from the other teams radio broadcast? That might involve legal or rights issues. ( Or be too expensive) Many shows offer 'described video'. If it is possible, could that be of any help? I'm definitely less inclined to listen to baseball on the radio when the TV commentators are describing the game for TV, when I'm listening to the radio.