sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2021 1:14 pm  #1

(relatively) new far-right wing TV networks are weird

I recently decided to check out both Newsmax and O-A-N (online on Youtube), just out of curiosity, and they are indeed quite curious.
One thing I thought was weird when I was watching O-A-N was that when the cookie cutter white blond female anchor was reading the news the picture kept cutting away from her and putting up a head and shoulders shot of Donald Trump with the White House in the background.  The woman's voice continued in the background with the picture of Trump on the screen even as she read stories that had nothing to do with the FORMER president.
OK, that's odd, I thought.
Then I looked up Newsmax and to my interest they were doing the same thing.  They had a different picture of Trump, but the same deal... his face on screen as anchors talked or read about other subjects.
Is the idea that they are determined to keep Trump top of their viewers minds as his relevance  continues to fade?
Have they stats that show their ratings will increase if they merely show a picture of Trump?
Also I doubt they can be paying their anchors much when they are using them more as radio announcers than T-V talking heads.

February 23, 2021 1:21 pm  #2

Re: (relatively) new far-right wing TV networks are weird

newsguy1 wrote:

Also I doubt they can be paying their anchors much when they are using them more as radio announcers than T-V talking heads.

You may have answered your own question right there.  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.