sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2021 5:55 pm  #1

Jon Pole Tells All

I had a great 90 minute chat with Jon Pole this morning. LOTS of radio talk, including a very detailed play-by-play of how the recent Bell Media firings went down. It's something else.

https://www.torontomike.com/2021/02/toronto-miked-podcast-episode-803-jon-pole/

February 19, 2021 9:14 pm  #2

Re: Jon Pole Tells All

I was just about to post this Mike!   I'm listening to it now.     His stories from the early '90s 'RB days are hilarious and bring back so many memories, including bumping into some of that gang at Chandlers across the road because I've lived in the area since 1990 and in those days was a regular patron and listener.     Great interview.   Also, the one I listened to this afternoon with Johnny Dovercourt about his book (Any Night of the Week: A D.I.Y. History of Toronto Music, 1957-2001) was also solid.    Good listening.    Keep up the good work and thanks for mentioning the new Podcasts you're producing with Carla Collins ect because how else are we gonna know??  .

February 20, 2021 8:37 am  #3

Thanks for the interview, Mike; a nice reminder of how great a communicator Jon "Burnin' His Bridges" Pole is.

February 20, 2021 9:55 am  #4

He was on the round table yesterday w/ Ryan and Jay.   So if the bridge is burned... he snuck one in

February 20, 2021 7:08 pm  #5

Really enjoyed listening to this.  Jon has good common sense and I am sure he sees many more simple things that Bell is missing the mark on.   His thoughts on moving the sales team to Agincourt from 299 Queen was bang on.  Such a dumb move.  When restrictions are lifted even something simple like taking a client out to lunch is more complicated.   Most agencies and clients are downtown and you are out in the east end on McCowan Road.

February 20, 2021 8:06 pm  #6

He also turned up in a Toronto Star business article on the right and wrong way to do a mass firing. Three guesses which way he thinks Bell did it. 

‘Showing some compassion doesn’t cost anything’: Thousands of workers are being laid off in impersonal Zoom calls, leaving them angry and alone