sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2021 4:55 pm  #31

Re: Cumulus Threatens To Fire Hosts Who Insist U.S. Election Was Rigged

Dial Twister wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

I'll give credit to one of them. Bill Cunningham, an extreme right winger who does a syndicated show out of WLW Cincinnati Sunday nights, roundly condemned the rioters and insisted they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But he added that not all Trump supporters were responsible for or agree with the violence, which is a fair point. 

I heard Cunningham last night. He almost sounded sane. Too bad he's been passing out hard-right BS conspiracy theories for years. Now...NOW???...now he is having second-thoughts?

I can't get into this article because it's behind a paywall. But I think the headline speaks for itself. 

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"Cincinnati conservative radio host slams Donald Trump after years of support. 'I have to recognize reality,' Bill Cunningham says."

Never thought I'd live to hear someone like him admit it. His show on Sunday night should be really interesting!

January 15, 2021 5:12 pm  #32

Google's Cache can be your friend in such situations. Hope this link works.
https://tinyurl.com/y6lvxcuw

January 15, 2021 5:25 pm  #33

Thanks. It works. Appreciate the link!

January 15, 2021 6:07 pm  #34

RadioActive wrote:

"Cincinnati conservative radio host slams Donald Trump after years of support. 'I have to recognize reality,' Bill Cunningham says."

Never thought I'd live to hear someone like him admit it. His show on Sunday night should be really interesting!

A day late and a dollar short. Now that anyone would have to be blind, deaf, dumb and in a freaking coma not to know who tRump is, suddenly all sorts of these hard-right 'entertainers' are looking to 'come clean'. They have suddenly realized just how toxic tRump is; JUST LIKE HE ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

These hosts, who occupy airtime on many stations across the U.S., including many 50,000 watt blow-torches, were so easily fooled by a person that anyone with a pulse knew was a connman for decades??? How do they warrant the power to influence that their massive media presence provides, if they didn't even know who tRump is, was and always will be? They should all resign in disgrace.

Pathetic kow-towing to ratings and advertiser dollars while leaving their country to be dragged into a burning dumpster by the worst president in their entire history. Gee, nice that they're beginning to figure it out. Bloody disgusting!

January 15, 2021 8:01 pm  #35

Even though Mr. Cunningham says he still has full autonomy to say what he wants, it is doubtful that the memo from Cumulus head office doesn't apply to him.  Me thinks he is really towing the new company line, as he should be.  He and the station should also apologize to listeners and accept some responsibility and admit their errors if they had been peddling misinformation and half truths.  I don't know much about Cunningham and don't listen to him so I don't know if he is a hard line host or more balanced.  Is his show and guests always political and is the show just an infomercial for Trump and the Republicans?  Or does he regularly talk about other stuff too?

But doesn't it seem strange how chummy some of these US talk show hosts get with politicians?  From the article Bill Cunningham seems to be bragging about his close relationship with Trump and how he has become the presidents "unofficial mid western advisor". Any real broadcaster would know that is not a healthy relationship, even if it is the president. They are always yapping about freedom and free speech.  Does free speech always mean biased and one sided too?

The transcript of the last radio interview in October with Cunningham telling Trump he would win Ohio by 8 points. Then saying to the president where he was wasting his time and where he should go to finish up his campaign.  Huh?  What the hell is up with that?  Maybe they were joking around a bit but it still is odd.  Trump apparently did win in Ohio by about 8 points!

Can you imagine if 1010's John Moore in the last provincial campaign told Kathleen Wynne on air that she was going to win big again and by 8 points?  And let it be known that he was her unofficial advisor for Toronto and most of Cambridge!  When interviewing Kathleen he could tell her not to bother visiting the 905, and what areas in the province she should be concentrating on . And if he wasn't waxing how great Kathleen was, he was insulting, personally trashing and trying to bully and discredit the Conservatives, NDP and the Greens.