sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2020 8:54 pm  #1

Ten Years Ago Today...

It's almost impossible to believe that it was exactly ten years ago today (Dec. 6) that Mark Dailey passed away. I was proud to call him a friend and he was one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, despite his lofty status as one of the city's best anchormen.

He was a mentor to many and an inspiration to all. And his reputation really was EVERYWHERE.  

I can only wonder what he'd think about the state of City TV as it is today. (Nowhere?)

I really miss the guy and his number is still in my phone to this day. I've never been able to bring myself to erase it. 

RIP Mark. You were one of a kind. 

December 6, 2020 9:50 pm  #2

Re: Ten Years Ago Today...

RadioActive wrote:

It's almost impossible to believe that it was exactly ten years ago today (Dec. 6) that Mark Dailey passed away. I was proud to call him a friend and he was one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, despite his lofty status as one of the city's best anchormen.

He was a mentor to many and an inspiration to all. And his reputation really was EVERYWHERE.  

I can only wonder what he'd think about the state of City TV as it is today. (Nowhere?)

I really miss the guy and his number is still in my phone to this day. I've never been able to bring myself to erase it. 

RIP Mark. You were one of a kind.

agreed

well said

December 6, 2020 10:36 pm  #3

One of a kind, one of the best.

R.I.P. Mark Dailey.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

December 6, 2020 10:52 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

He got to see things getting bad when he was alive.
I remember one Friday night when he signed off his Friday night 11pm newscast saying
"Next news...believe it or not folks, is Monday morning, 6 AM..."

Hopefully things today are a bit better than they were at that exact point in time...not as good as they could be, but still... 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.