sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2015 3:39 pm  #1

Cancon.. The Musical...

Got an e-mail about the show starting at Princess of Wales in August.  Not even a mention of Crowbar .
It certainly defines it's audience based on the artists mentioned on the poster.  

If you didn't listen to radio before 1985, you probably won't be interested .

(Via Promo Site)

Annerin Productions presents, Oh Canada, What A Feeling!

A multi-media theatrical production celebrating the rich history of Canadian music!
From the snow-capped Rockies, across the vast prairie, to the neon nightlife of the big cities and onto the rugged landscape of the Maritimes, music has united our diverse country for almost 150 years.

Oh Canada, What A Feeling! brings to life, through music and video, this vibrant musical legacy: from the early days of Guy Lombardo, Paul Anka, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the Guess Who; to the Seventies that brought us the distinct voices of Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot and into the Eighties with the music of Gino Vannelli, Loverboy and Bryan Adams. Their music, plus that of many other Canadian artists, will be celebrated as part of this exciting, spirited production. This inaugural show is the first in a series and is destined to tour the country embracing Canada’s biggest cities as well as its smaller towns!

The show follows in the footsteps of a number of hit theatrical productions – Rain, Let It Be and The Australian Bee Gees – which have met with great success in entertainment centres as far-flung as London’s West End, Broadway and Las Vegas. Similarly, Oh Canada, What A Feeling! features a live band with tribute singers and a backdrop of historical and musical footage. Video vignettes of world and Canadian news events bring the eras alive, as the songs provide a soundtrack sure to inspire pride in Canada’s musical accomplishments and stir some joyous, and even poignant, memories.

Oh Canada, What A Feeling! is impressive, innovative, music-driven theatre.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

June 3, 2015 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Cancon.. The Musical...

Does Mayor Tory have time to get tough anti-scalping legislation passed, before this hot musical will hit the Entertainment District? 

June 3, 2015 7:16 pm  #3

I wonder how hot it will be.  I honestly have no clue.  As I've said before, I didn't grow up in Canada, so I never learned that Cancon was a bad thing.  I enjoy almost every one of these artists.  Will it be another Mama Mia or We Will Rock You?  Who knows.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the CD Series.  Maybe they'll be selling those at the back of the theatre.  At least our crowd will still have CD Players at home .

ig.

geo wrote:

Does Mayor Tory have time to get tough anti-scalping legislation passed, before this hot musical will hit the Entertainment District? 

June 3, 2015 7:28 pm  #4

My prediction (for what its worth if anything):    matinees will do considerably better than will evening performances

June 3, 2015 7:40 pm  #5

It'll be interesting to see how it comes together.  It would be so easy for it to fall into a 'this hour has 22 minutes' caricature

June 4, 2015 9:46 am  #6

geo wrote:

rumour has it, the ticket scalpers will be replaced by people selling hearing aid batteries.

June 4, 2015 12:57 pm  #7

Perfect for Moses Znaimer's fifties at 5, sixties at 6, seventies at 7, snoring by 8:00 listeners