sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2020 12:53 pm  #1

"Dawn" Of A New Radio Career For Music Veteran On WABC Saturday

First it was Cousin' Brucie leaving Sirius XM after 15 years to start playing oldies on the once Top 40 powerhouse WABC. I believe it's this weekend that his show get extended by an hour (until 10 PM.) And now he'll be followed by a familiar name to Top 40 fans - Tony Orlando, the hitmaking singer from the 70s. 

There's nothing on their site at the moment about how much of his show will be music or whether he'll talk about his varied showbiz past - long before his association with Dawn, Orlando was famous for being the "unknown" voice of tons of demo records as well as a producer and music executive - but it's another weird throwback for a talk station that's gone all music on Saturday night.

October 29, 2020 2:44 pm  #2

Re: "Dawn" Of A New Radio Career For Music Veteran On WABC Saturday

Wonder if he will play his pre-Dawn top 30 hit from 1969. Make Believe released under the name Wind:

Last edited by Fitz (October 29, 2020 2:45 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

October 30, 2020 8:57 am  #3

That's one of my favourite songs that never really became the hit it should have been!

As for his show, according to a story on Radio Ink, it will be the usual 60s and 70s oldies, sandwiched around his showbiz stories. It runs from 10 PM - 12 AM.

Music Icon Gets His Own Radio Show

October 30, 2020 1:06 pm  #4

How about his solo hits from the very early 60's: Halfway To Paradise, Bless You, Chills. I have all three.