sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2020 11:00 am  #1

Ian Hanomansing Hosting Cross Country Check Up

Pleasantly surprised to hear Ian Hanomansing hosting Cross Country Check Up on Sunday.  He is filling in for Duncan McCue for the next few months.

He is excellent as host and great with callers.  Piece of trivia.  Did you know that Ian is a big music buff and hockey nut?  He designed a board game called Big League Manager which is officially licensed by the NHL and was voted as a "Best Bet" by the Canadian Toy Testing Council.

CBC should make him the main anchor of the National.  

October 13, 2020 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Ian Hanomansing Hosting Cross Country Check Up

Totally agree on making him main anchor.  He does a great job of reporting the news in an unbiased manner, in my opinion.

Last edited by JackofAll (October 13, 2020 12:34 pm)

October 14, 2020 1:04 am  #3

great talent. we both worked at chns - halifax, back in the day. off-air he was quiet (well he was back then)... quite, but a good guy.

October 14, 2020 4:55 pm  #4

Ian Hanomansing should have been Peter Mansbridge's SOLE replacement. He's head and shoulders above every other presenter at the CBC, and his talents are being wasted on weekends. Though I got the sense from some of his comments when he first started with the 4-some anchor team that he would rather live in Vancouver.

October 14, 2020 7:30 pm  #5

ED1. In total agreement with you.

October 14, 2020 11:34 pm  #6

in my opinion, the present anchors, "on the national", are mere lightweights compared to ian. it's a shame his talents are going to waste. he has the ability to shine (as the only anchor).
meanwhile, how a certain ctv news anchor (one of several and who has been mentioned here before) ever made it to the "big leagues" (with his annunciation problems) still baffles me (especially when conveying "news" has never been so important). wouldn't being understood be an important aspect of their license (when it comes to news)?
in both cases, i ask the question, what is management thinking?

Last edited by the original hank (October 14, 2020 11:35 pm)

October 15, 2020 7:29 am  #7

ED1 wrote:

he would rather live in Vancouver 

Canucks play-by-play announcer Jim Robson was offered the H.N.I.C. position in the mid-70s on the condition that he would move to T.O. and he replied "hah, hah, hah, hah, hah -- N.F.W" (words to that effect)