sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2020 7:17 am  #1

An interesting read on keeping on air people & media people motivated

Since March, there hasn't been a ton of good news, in fact each day newscasts share the numbers and cases, and about the huge ramifications the the Pandemic is having on all of us.

I have thought about how news teams (reporters, on air hosts, broadcasters) stay upbeat and motivated during these times of crisis.

I sometimes watch Jamie Gutfreund on the weekends on CP24 and his voice sounds as if he is totally dis-interested and he lacks passion in his newscasts...my sense is, he's not happy...

In Radio Ink today, here is an interesting read on how to keep the team motivated...

https://radioink.com/2020/10/08/the-challenge-of-keeping-your-people-motivated/

My question for discussion is, (you have to wear your management hats) is what would you do to keep your team at your radio or T.V. station engaged, positive and motivated?

Please share.

If I don't post again until next week, have a good Thanksgiving Weekend to you and yours. In spite of it all, we're still here, healthy and Saturday is going to be nice out if you are in the GTA region.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

October 8, 2020 12:25 pm  #2

Re: An interesting read on keeping on air people & media people motivated

meanwhile, there's a weekend "weather person" on cp24 (i can't remember her name) who comes across as if she's having a party (almost coke like).... to the point of being annoying. perhaps between her and the grumpy news reader they could discover a sweet spot.... perhaps.