sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2020 8:02 pm  #1

Here is a great new ad campaign by Uber Eats

In these times of repeated stale ads, (if I hear and see that McDonald's commercial with the musical tune and they're commitment to safety and cleanliness, I will scream), so leave it to Uber Eats to come up with a new Super Bowl like ad campaign where Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) go head-to-head as rivals,  over their favourite food to order in from Uber.

It is a cool campaign, here is more on it...in ad week today... The Campaign is called "Tonight I'll be eating".  They even do the tomahto, tomato thing too!

https://www.adweek.com/agencies/patrick-stewart-and-mark-hamill-are-rivals-in-ubereats-charmingly-confrontational-ads/

My question is, do you like it? Does it sell you on Uber Eats...if Stewart delivered it to my door, I'd be ordering...(smiling)...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 22, 2020 2:49 am  #2

Re: Here is a great new ad campaign by Uber Eats

Considering I have never liked Star Trek or Star Wars, it doesn’t sell me at all.

September 22, 2020 9:19 pm  #3

Re: Here is a great new ad campaign by Uber Eats

Sad that some ads, this one included, are better cast, written and filmed than a lot of the current shows on offer.

Both Mark and Sir Patrick Stewart have a great following on Twitter, both retweeted the ad yesterday (of course) and if there was a large-ish discount code, I might....nah, I still CBA "can't be arsed" as the Brits say, to try it.🖖