sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2020 7:32 pm  #1

Roz and Mocha - Mornings in Winnipeg

We've been talking a lot about syndicated morning shows lately, but I believe this is just the 3rd recent example of mornings going syndicated in one of Canada's bigger markets, and a first for Rogers.

Kiss 92.5's Roz and Mocha are now heard mornings on Kiss 102.3 Winnipeg. They've also been on Kiss 102.7 "Kingston" in the morning for a couple years.

The only other bigger market morning show shared in this way is the Rock 101 Vancouver show airing in Calgary and Edmonton, I think. 

Am I missing any others? (Quebec notwithstanding) 

September 8, 2020 8:01 pm  #2

Re: Roz and Mocha - Mornings in Winnipeg

It looks like they kept the former morning show people and tossed them on other shifts, letting others go.
https://www.kiss1023.ca/shows/ 
6-9pm weekdays is still a two person team, so cuts are not as deep as it may seem.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 8, 2020 8:49 pm  #3

Radiowiz wrote:

6-9pm weekdays is still a two person team, so cuts are not as deep as it may seem.

Recorded in Kitchener. 

September 9, 2020 2:31 am  #4

torontostan wrote:

Can't think of any others.. 

Stingray is doing this. too.  Casey Clarke's Kamloops morning show is syndicated to smaller markets in BC, Vinnie & Randi's Red Deer morning show is syndicated to smaller markets in Alberta and Katie & Ed from Calgary are syndicated to two other markets in the morning and six more across the country during the evening.