sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2020 2:12 am  #1

CIII Paris Global ch 6 given to CBC French?

Just noticed tonight the Global channel 6 transmitter from Paris is transmitting what is CBLFT CBC French although the tv still says CIII-DT.  Strange.  They’ve handed it over?

September 3, 2020 8:41 am  #2

Re: CIII Paris Global ch 6 given to CBC French?

Checked now this morning and still CBC French but tv shows CIII-DT in the top corner.  Never seen this before in TV.  Isn’t a repeater of CBC French on that tower already?

September 3, 2020 9:50 am  #3

markow202 wrote:

Checked now this morning and still CBC French but tv shows CIII-DT in the top corner. Never seen this before in TV. Isn’t a repeater of CBC French on that tower already?

Have you re scanned?    Because of how things work with digital, it may be CBC french moved to the old frequency of Global.   Just because you see 6 on the screen, doesn't mean it's really channel 6.   They allow stations to use virtual channel numbers to match their old analog days.

If they moved to the same frequency as Global was using, your tv may be connecting it to the wrong station.   Re scanning will fix this. 

September 3, 2020 10:15 am  #4

radiokid wrote:

markow202 wrote:

Checked now this morning and still CBC French but tv shows CIII-DT in the top corner. Never seen this before in TV. Isn’t a repeater of CBC French on that tower already?

Have you re scanned?    Because of how things work with digital, it may be CBC french moved to the old frequency of Global.   Just because you see 6 on the screen, doesn't mean it's really channel 6.   They allow stations to use virtual channel numbers to match their old analog days.

If they moved to the same frequency as Global was using, your tv may be connecting it to the wrong station.   Re scanning will fix this. 

Ill have to rescan tonight but doesnt make sense as the signal strength is what it should be for the Paris transmitter and my location and the tv is reading CIII-DT which is supposed to be channel 23 and CBC is 25 from Toronto (non virtual) 

September 3, 2020 10:17 am  #5

I had this same issue, only with a different channel. After CJMT, one of the OMNIs, moved in the repack to channel 26, it showed up on one of my sets at virtual channel 40 as it was supposed to - but also at channel 26.1, where the Buffalo religious channel used to be. I still have access to 26.3 when it comes in, but unless I want to do a complete rescan (which I don't) it appears stuck in the machine's memory, and I get the OMNI outlet in both places.

It's not a big deal, of course, because the other one (now on VHF channel 5 and far weaker than it used to be) almost never comes in here any more and I never watch OMNI. So it's easy to ignore.

But the point is if that's what's happening with your Global signal, you're not the only one who's had this issue. 

September 3, 2020 12:30 pm  #6

Rescan is tried and doing the same thing 

September 3, 2020 2:34 pm  #7

Definitely SRC is on CIII CH 6 PIP. I am way too far to see Toronto where I live. Both SRC and CBC abandoned Kitchner/ Waterloo on OTA years ago. 

September 3, 2020 2:59 pm  #8

Somebody plugged in a incorrect transmitter somehow - the repacks are all complete now so my TV is definitely not confused.