sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2020 1:07 pm  #1

Jim Pattison Radio Group Network Mid Day Shows

The Jim Pattison Group is a major radio broadcaster in Western Canada with 46 radio stations.  Last week they announced layoffs and buyouts due to the falling advertising from the COVID-19 pandemic.  They also announced network mid day radio programs with five different formats.  More from Broadcast Dialogue...Five network midday shows have risen out of last week’s COVID-19-related staff reductions at Jim Pattison Broadcast Group (JPBG).The company announced Friday that it had offered early retirement packages to 30 and laid off another 40 staff to minimize the impact of pandemic revenue challenges that saw Q2 2020 revenues at half what they were for the same quarter last year.Network midday shows are one of the ways the broadcast group will be maximizing talent, starting this week, across its 46 stations encompassing Rock, Classic Hits, Hot AC, Country Metro and Country Non-Metro formats.Many of the hosts are longterm JPBG on-air personalities, who were previously heard on individual stations. Each network show will also be overseen by a Lead Program Director, responsible for show direction, host development and communication with affiliate PDs.

August 6, 2020 10:51 am  #2

Re: Jim Pattison Radio Group Network Mid Day Shows

I am sorry for those who lost their jobs. I am fortunate that at age 33 to have been one of those let go when the broadcasting company I was employed with then was bought out, and I took the AZ truck driving course. 31 years later, I still drive a truck, and have not been without a paycheque at any point during that time. Altho it hurt bad at the time to give up my radio career , in retrospect, it was the best that happened to me financially. 

Last edited by mic'em (August 6, 2020 10:52 am)