sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2020 4:29 pm  #1

re. Carrasco disappears

In case you missed it, he had a ginormous ad in the Saturday Star featuring, what else, his face and a slogan about what he calls his "slacker nation." Whatever that is.
out of curiousity I tuned in to his new gig on TSN.  Actually it's just his old gig transferred over.  It is still two hours of "mansplaining" everything, and his bizarre insistence that the mega-car dealership owner hates cars.  I don't think I'll be listening again since I only heard him on 640 when I had the station on my alarm clock setting. 

July 13, 2020 5:03 pm  #2

Re: re. Carrasco disappears

Does this mean he has to talk sports? Oh well, as if I needed another reason not to listen to TSN 1050.

Here's the newspaper ad - a full pager, no less. They're not cheap. 

July 13, 2020 10:16 pm  #3

Re: re. Carrasco disappears

grilled.cheese wrote:

I doubt advertising in a newspaper is expensive considering no one reads a newspaper now.

Don't know about that. When my mother passed away last November, we placed a small obit in the Toronto Star. The cost for just a few column inches: $700. I'm betting a full page ad in the front section of their best selling Saturday edition didn't come cheap. The question is who paid for it - Bell or Carrasco himself?